Deposits - A new trend

So what's up with everyone requiring a deposit or booking fee to be paid electronically before even setting up a time to meet up? I can understand it for outcalls. But it is being required for incalls too.

I don't mind a deposit per se. But when the person refuses to provide any kind of proof that they are real or that they really are at the place that they claim, then I lose interest fast. Way too many scammers out there.

Is this a new trend that I am going to just have to accept? And if so, am I wrong for demanding some kind of proof that they are real and are really staying where they claim to be?
I simply tell them I am cash only. I’ve offered to meet at a neutral public place, gas station, McDonalds, or something like that. Never been taken up on that which confirms it as a scam setup to me.
I have worked as an assistant for lots of ladies. Deposits are smart. Alot are touring. Especially now airline travel, hotels and expenses are rising.

There are ALOT of no call, no shows. And then she is out not only time but money. And gave away an appointment to someone who might have been serious.

If you are going to do a deposit just make sure to read reviews. If she has good reviews or a reputation within a community its not likely a scam. If it looks to good to be true, it usually is. Playboy bunny looks and incredibly low donation, etc.

As far as giving out location, most give a general area but showing you they are actually staying in a specific room without a set appointment or screening is very dangerous. This is why they also screen. I have stories for days but anyone that cares about their safety and has an established reputation is usually safety concious and selective about who they choose to see. You might be missing out on a good time.

If you want to stick to cash only thats a personal choice, but everyone chooses to do business as they see fit and if they have certain guidelines there is usually a good reason why
So many guys now days think it’s a thrill to waste a lady time, it’s gotten Sickening actually, so I TOOO REQUIRE DEPOSIT NOW for new clients.
My old friends; your safe for now but if you cancel . . . You already know what it is don’t be surprised 💋
I just moved here a few months ago, and having gotten scammed yet again by a deposit line last week ("maybe St Louis is different, lemme trust") , I can faithfully say, coming from Vegas before here and San Antonio before that, that 0% of the deposits I have sent have resulted in a meetup. I would have lost considerably more, more often, had I not smarted up a little in the meantime. (I love the ones that give you a stranger's address and once you're there, say they won't come out and let you in until you send them a deposit, when they're nowhere near the address...)

So no, you are not wrong for asking for it, but the question is whether or not what you get in return is legit. The majority of people will send you a picture if you request one. Chances are good that picture is from 10 years and 40 pounds ago, or of someone completely different. If you ask for FaceTime or a custom pic (ie. hold up 3 fingers), 8 out of 10 times, you're going to get a no, get ghosted, or they will try and charge you for it. In either case, congrats Neo, you dodged a bullet.

Call me pessimistic, but with my deposit-to-meetup ratio, I'll stick with the ones that don't require one. And if there isn't one around...I'll wait until there is.

Actually, the one exception I would make is if they are on PD and have enough reviews to convince me that they are not scammers. Just like many providers insist on you having at least 2 references before they consider you, you can check for theirs too.
I will not pay a deposit for a short date (1~3 hrs). I don't even contact those providers who require it.

I have paid deposits for extended dates (6~8 hrs) because that's a lot of time to set aside for one person.

I always plan ahead and block out that time in my schedule, so I don’t cancel unless it's extreme circumstances.

The 2 times that I did have to cancel, I paid the provider's cancellation fee.

If I make a date, I keep it.
I for one am not paying deposits. Too many instances of ladies scamming the guys been stated on various boards on the site & other places.
If they want a deposit I move on to the next lady
So many guys now days think it’s a thrill to waste a lady time, it’s gotten Sickening actually, so I TOOO REQUIRE DEPOSIT NOW for new clients.
My old friends; your safe for now but if you cancel . . . You already know what it is don’t be surprised 💋 Originally Posted by BrookeMonroe
Brooke, you bring up a good point. I do respect that there are guys that will waste a ladies time. And I see where a deposit helps to limit that. In your case, you are well reviewed and easily verifiable via boards like ECCIE. So a deposit to give you assurance that I am serious about meeting you is not as big of deal to me.

Unfortunately, there are many ladies with no reviews and cannot be verified via google searches, who are demanding deposits with no assurance or way to verify that they are not just going to take the money and run. My experience has been similar to the others on this thread.
I have worked as an assistant for lots of ladies. Deposits are smart. Alot are touring. Especially now airline travel, hotels and expenses are rising.

There are ALOT of no call, no shows. And then she is out not only time but money. And gave away an appointment to someone who might have been serious.

If you are going to do a deposit just make sure to read reviews. If she has good reviews or a reputation within a community its not likely a scam. If it looks to good to be true, it usually is. Playboy bunny looks and incredibly low donation, etc.

As far as giving out location, most give a general area but showing you they are actually staying in a specific room without a set appointment or screening is very dangerous. This is why they also screen. I have stories for days but anyone that cares about their safety and has an established reputation is usually safety concious and selective about who they choose to see. You might be missing out on a good time.

If you want to stick to cash only thats a personal choice, but everyone chooses to do business as they see fit and if they have certain guidelines there is usually a good reason why Originally Posted by MWCompanions
When travel is involved, that is an entirely different story. Absolutely. I realize that I was not very clear in my original post, I did not mean that I would like to see them give me exact information that would risk their safety. At this point, I would be impressed if they could provide a selfie of them standing near a well known landmark in the city that they claim to be in. There are a number of ways that someone could offer a way to give some assurance that they are real without risking one's safety.

And to Brooke's point... I am more accepting of a deposit as a new client when it is with a lady who has reviews and/or an established reputation of being a provider.

Unfortunately, my personal experience is that there are a lot of ladies out here that can't be found via a google search, who don't have any reviews, and have zero way to verify that they are real... who are demanding a deposit. Sadly I have been scammed too many times by these kind of ladies. I don't think I am the only one that has had this experience.
Too many cases in which deposits are just money grabs. I don't see anyone who wants a deposit. Under any circumstances. There are plenty of legit girls who don't expect a deposit.
It all comes down to personal preference. Every situation is different. She is going to require what she wants and the gentlemen can decide to see her or not. I've never understood guys who got rude. And sometimes for a policy she clearly has on her ads and on her website. I understand why girls choose to have assistants sometimes.

Personally, I dont require deposits but I dont travel either. Im always local. And I tend to stick to gentlemen I have met over the years. My exceptions are someone with solid, good references or screening. And thankfully those that know me the few times they had to cancel last minute send me a cancellation fee to cover their spot or offer to take care of it and see me when they can get away. But again, it's someone I usually know well. The friends I have kept most have known me well over a decade.

I did change my name right before the pandemic hit so I dont have alot of reviews (only a few) under my new name. Had I known what the next year or so would bring I would do things much differently. Once you delete accounts you can't get them back. I'm so glad I never deleted this one.

So do your homework and trust your gut. Stick to what works for you and have fun