ECCIE is almost unuseable

Which is a shame, because I've made good friends here.

I frequent 3 other popular boards, two national and one local. All 3 are always up and running, respond to my screen picks promptly, and never hit me with popups.

About half the time I use ECCIE, I have a 30 second to two minute delay in response. The other half there is no response at all, I get redirected to one of the pop up ad sites, or get a "database" error. I've seen other complaints about this as well.

What's the problem, here?
My guess? Growing pains.
Since redbook got taken off-line, former users of that site have been flocking here in droves, on at least a weekly basis. The admins probably have their hands full trying to tune all the working parts to accommodate they new surge in traffic.
@FoulRon, just read about redbook, I was use to be on that board almost some 12 yrs ago..before moving out of bay area.
Which is a shame, because I've made good friends here.

I frequent 3 other popular boards, two national and one local. All 3 are always up and running, respond to my screen picks promptly, and never hit me with popups.

About half the time I use ECCIE, I have a 30 second to two minute delay in response. The other half there is no response at all, I get redirected to one of the pop up ad sites, or get a "database" error. I've seen other complaints about this as well.

What's the problem, here? Originally Posted by hgritstoo
Ads pay for the expenses. A site this popular has a lotta traffic, lotsa technical equipment, yadayadayada......

If more would pay for premium access, rather than writing reviews to receive "free" access to the "fictional" encounters all of you don't actually have (lol), then maybe they could afford to run the site without having to resort to certain things that annoy us. Not that I've asked or am in the know and it's certainly none of my biz. I'm just guessing what the reason is and offering solutions that might help. I have no idea if it would impact these issues or not.
Have you tried using another browser? That happens intermittently to me but has not been a big problem. I changed browser to Firefox and got a apple time capsule router (T2). That thing is awesome.
the problem you are having may very well be your own computer. I had the same problems as you and then I took it to a computer shop, and they cleaned it and I got a better virus protection soft ware. Solved the problem=totally. Atleast for the time being.
What's the problem, here? Originally Posted by hgritstoo
I'd like to know
Ads pay for the expenses. A site this popular has a lotta traffic, lotsa technical equipment, yadayadayada......

If more would pay for premium access, rather than writing reviews to receive "free" access to the "fictional" encounters all of you don't actually have (lol), then maybe they could afford to run the site without having to resort to certain things that annoy us. Not that I've asked or am in the know and it's certainly none of my biz. I'm just guessing what the reason is and offering solutions that might help. I have no idea if it would impact these issues or not. Originally Posted by MaxiMilyen
If not for these reviews there would be very little need to visit the site.
If not for these reviews there would be very little need to visit the site. Originally Posted by grayturner
Right! Cause a lady's showcase says nothing about what a gent might like. And the forums have nothing of value to offer either. I totally understand your point! Just as you understood mine....'-). LOL
Right! Cause a lady's showcase says nothing about what a gent might like. And the forums have nothing of value to offer either. I totally understand your point! Just as you understood mine....'-). LOL Originally Posted by MaxiMilyen
Yes of course you are right.The showcases are very important because they have links to the reviews. LOL
I've had the database error a lot these days. It only happens on the front page. If it happens, Google eccie and you'll see several links, at least one is past the home page. Use that and you'll bypass the database error.
Yes of course you are right.The showcases are very important because they have links to the reviews. LOL Originally Posted by grayturner
Then I shouldn't have bothered to put any info there. Well, good to know I didn't understand the concept.

Whole point in the beginning was, if everyone wasn't penny pinching so hot and heavy, as evidenced by the gazillion requests we get for a special rate, and they actually paid for Premium access, then there might not be such a need for paid advertising in order to run the site as best they can and considering how many folks are participating, browsing, and reading those reviews as if they were the holy grail of each lady's entire being.
I've had the database error a lot these days. It only happens on the front page. If it happens, Google eccie and you'll see several links, at least one is past the home page. Use that and you'll bypass the database error. Originally Posted by rothers
I get the database error all over the site, and sometimes for several minutes as the admins work to restore connectivity.
When it happens it's either a temporary request overload issue, or the database is actually down for some reason. Rarely is it something about the specific page that's the error.
Its amazing a corn farmer is griping about connection speeds.
  • jwood
  • 01-10-2015, 07:47 PM
I can get on or I can't get on. Only game around here so I'll just deal with. I need to work more anyway.