Closed Again

Dallas just closed all their strip clubs again about an hour ago. Said they weren't following the guidelines.
Not entirely true. BDD is still open as of the moment
More follow up on that please. Is BDD the only one still open?
Here is the story. Still confused it’s Jenkins that’s closing it but Abbott the governor hasn’t said anything?

https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/...a-8c8d40543ccf
More follow up on that please. Is BDD the only one still open? Originally Posted by Gentleman2hobby

How the fuck would I know? I don’t have phone numbers of strippers at every club. One dancer I know texted me to tell me BDD is still open
Pretty sure they are all still open (that had opened) as of right now. Judge Jenkins announced the closure this afternoon, most of these orders take place at midnight.

Also the clubs have pretty much been saying screw you to the government by being open already (in the case of the alcohol clubs), so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't close unless literally forced to by law enforcement. The governor is not gonna bail out SOBs, he just isn't, so if they are waiting for that they will be waiting forever. Also I don't expect protestors to show up to fight for strip clubs rights to stay open. But the clubs love to take things to court.
How the fuck would I know? I don’t have phone numbers of strippers at every club. One dancer I know texted me to tell me BDD is still open Originally Posted by txexetoo
That’s good enough info. Thank you. A stripper at Chicas Locas said they are still open.
there is always a lag time, between an order and the requirement. Midnight would be unusually fast.. maybe Midnight tomorrow is more likely.

they sort of thumbed their noses at the law, trying to qualify as restaurants, and such. ironically the Cops have been attacking the low-hanging fruit, AMPs, who don't have Corporate Lawyers to fight back. even as AMPs are far less likely to be CO-VID vectors.

I guess I should be happy we aren't Portland, with Camouflaged Dudes snatching guys out of the AMPs/Clubs, and tossing them into unmarked Vans.
Here is the story. Still confused it’s Jenkins that’s closing it but Abbott the governor hasn’t said anything?

https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/...a-8c8d40543ccf Originally Posted by Jvc072006
https://twitter.com/judgeclayj/status/1286852738769444864?s=21

Judge Jenkins posted it on Twitter at 9:36pm too. We’ll see how things develops tomorrow or Monday.
"These [strip clubs] make a lot of their money off tips, lap dances etcetera so they could remain open," Jenkins said.
While I don’t know exactly how much clubs make from stage fees, I’m pretty sure it’s over 51% alcohol. (At least for places with bars.)
While I don’t know exactly how much clubs make from stage fees, I’m pretty sure it’s over 51% alcohol. (At least for places with bars.) Originally Posted by sandman77
of course short-term I'm sure a Club could manipulate its sales, in favor of the tipping point under 50%.. I would prefer them to give away alcoholic drinks and spike the Cover Charge, that is a "cleaner" way of skirting the law.
Like Chung said, minupulate sells by ringing up cover charges as food purchases or when they do sell alcohol, ring up at least half of it as food, all it takes is pressing a different button on the register and when the powers that be look at the sales receipts, amazingly, this strip club who before covid-19 has 90%+ of it's register sales be alcohol, suddenly has just 40% alcohol and 60% food. Those guys are never going to realize that it is a scam to stay open!

But, it still would have no effect on the mask ordinance/guideline, which is not going to be followed even if 100% of their register sales were food. Most patrons, employees and dancers are probably wearing masks while in the public portions of the club, but no one, including the dancer, is going to wear a mask while in a private booth or even just getting a lap dance.
there is always a lag time, between an order and the requirement. Midnight would be unusually fast.. maybe Midnight tomorrow is more likely.

they sort of thumbed their noses at the law, trying to qualify as restaurants, and such. ironically the Cops have been attacking the low-hanging fruit, AMPs, who don't have Corporate Lawyers to fight back. even as AMPs are far less likely to be CO-VID vectors.

I guess I should be happy we aren't Portland, with Camouflaged Dudes snatching guys out of the AMPs/Clubs, and tossing them into unmarked Vans. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
They only snatch the guys who screw fat, cheap hookers.

They figure any guy that desperate can't afford a lawyer to fight back.

The rest of us are safe!
I was at Buck's Wild on Reeder last evening up unitl 8-ish, no closure, unless I was hallucinating en Espanol again.
Bucks wild Dallas reporting they're open today on social media. I find the whole thing really interesting and curious, regardless of what's right/wrong what happens.

And I do hope they're open when I'm back in dallas soon . Hopefully I can at least head to FW