I just witnessed a screening...

... and it was entirely unintentional.

I have to catch an early flight in the morning, so I checked into a hotel near the airport. I'm enjoying a meal, and can't help but notice this couple in the corner. The woman looks familiar, but I can't quite place her. The conversation isn't particularly guarded. I can't help but catch bits of the conversation here and there, since the guy is talking about G-Rated subjects that I'm also particularly interested in. It's obvious they don't know each other, simply based on the conversation. Each is talking about who they are and what they do.

I keep glancing, because I know that face... But I can't give her a name, nor recall where I've seen her. The idea that she may be a provider occurs to me, but nothing about her dress, demeanor, or conversation would have made it obvious.

Then he says "Well, ready to go upstairs?" I *barely* notice a flash of surprise in her face before she calmly agrees. Yep.

I swear, I may have even been a patron of hers once, but I just can't quite make the connection. At the very least she used to advertise often years ago. Perhaps she doesn't need to any more. She's not a face I know from here or p411.

I'm not posting to try and identify anyone. It was just unusually surreal. And I couldn't help but share.

At the very least I'm hoping to gently remind people that some things are easy to spot for those in the know. And not everyone in the know is an ally.
You must have seen quite a few Providers. I've been with around 10 or so and probably could remember them all.

I do hate it when I recognize a face and cannot remember where.
I keep waiting for the day when my hobby life collides with my "real" life. I hope that, when it happens, it is a subtle way such as this, and not a life destroying way that we often read on news websites.

I've never bumped into a familiar provider outside of a planned visit, but I know others that have. I would definitely not say anything or compromise her confidentiality and I would, of course, expect her to do the same. I did see a stripper once that was the daughter of a former coworker. We had met at some company events a few times. I'm not sure if she figured out who I was, but I'm sure she was working on trying to determine why I looked familiar. I didn't figure it out until I was in the middle of a private dance. Moral of the story..... hobby life is all around us if you're just paying attention and watching for it.
I have a good memory but cannot remember faces anymore. But then again I deactivated my TER account when I had 327 reviews up. And I don't always do reviews. But that was just for the years 2008 and 2009 also.

And trust me when you go high volume you will have occasions when hobby life and real life cross paths.