Depression sucks

I have OCD

I could explain it but I am more interested in the depression aspect of it.

I see a shrink and am prescribed like 4 different meds for it.

I see several docs about it, but the whole talking about it part actually makes me feel worse about myself and my life. I can do depressed and obsessed just fine by myself.

Am i wasting my time with this? I have a hard time talking to anyone about this cause they are hung up over the whole stigma of OCD, almost like fascinated with it.

Anyway thanks for reading, any advice on the whole depression, therapy would be appreciated.

Thank you
Been there. It's the most helpless feeling I've ever had. One KNOWS something's wrong but lacks the ability to do anything about it by oneself for a number of reasons. It is a slow and winding road but Tigger's idea is a good tool. One day you will get to a point where you can consciously decide to put it behind you. That day won't be a lot different from the ones before, there will be no internal fanfare announcing its arrival - you will just be able to finally do it. Keep after it and do anything you can to follow Tigger's advice. That, in itself, is no panacea but it helps.
Do the meds help? If you are not seeing improvement or do not like how they make you feel you need to communicate that to your doctor. Remember not all meds work the same on all bodies.
They do, but I dont like the person I am on them if that makes sense.

I dont know if the person I am on the meds is the person I am suppose to be or not.

They turn me into a sensitive compassionate type of guy.

And in my job, my organizational, making sure everything looks right, lined up, etc serves me well. Its just when I am off my meds, which I currently am, I am an ass to be around.

Do the meds help? If you are not seeing improvement or do not like how they make you feel you need to communicate that to your doctor. Remember not all meds work the same on all bodies. Originally Posted by pyramider
So let's recap, when you're on your meds, you do well at your job and are a compassionate person. When you're off of them, you're an asshole? Sounds like a medication failure to me!!! What were those doctors thinking??
Whenever I feel like being an asshole, I just log in here and get it out of my system! He he he... j/k.

I feel your pain. What works for me is exercise. No meds. If I hit the gym 5 times a week for a good workout, everything in life is better. If I don't, I feel like a slug and that tends to make me behave like an asshole.

Give exercise a try, if you haven't already. Good luck with your challenge.

L4L
[QUOTE][They do, but I dont like the person I am on them if that makes sense.

/QUOTE]

My damn ex wife said the same thing!

I don't get it.

I have had bouts with depression, I take the meds, I feel better.
It takes all types to make this world go round. And there are many forms of OCD. I suspect that I have my own form of it after taking a look at the way I tend to go overboard when I find some new toy that interests me.

TV shows like Monk only presented one type of OCD but there are many types.

Only advice I can offer up is what some have said and that is to be sure to keep working with the docs. I know that taking that many medications can and obviously does bring in other issues for you but you need to make a judgement call about what is most important in your life and then work on it. I do know that sometimes having too many "cooks" or in this case, doctors, involved in your care can bring up issues all of their own.

Is there anyway to get down to just one doctor that does the meds?

Being employed and being good at that because of the brain you were born with can be a blessing but it sounds like you may think you are too "sensitive and compassionate". Hell, I had some major medical issues almost a decade ago and one thing I noticed was that prior to that, nothing ever made me "tear up". Now, with the medication I take daily, that happens and sometimes when I see a movie I first watched long ago with nary a tear but now it pulls the heart strings for some reason.

I honestly do not mind. To me a small benefit but it seems you may b looking at it as a curse not a blessing.
Second the exercise suggestion. I'm sure you've heard it before and perhaps think it is simplistic, but if you are physically able, you should try to work out as often as you can. It can really help.

If that fails, nothing makes me feel better than a piece of strange or a blowjob from a green-eyed brunette with big hooters.

Good luck with it....it will get better.
From my experience, I determined that talking about your depression without pairing it with taking action to change it, is useless and rather damaging. If you want to change how things have been going for you, being depressed etc, it may help to take it on as a major lifestyle change. If therapy hasn't helped, perhaps a major change is needed. In some cases people need to get worse and worse to the point of hitting rock bottom before they see any epiphany or get any light on how they can become happy. If you were once happy, look back on that time on ask yourself why you were happy then, and what is different now. If you think you've tried it all and have nothing to lose at this point, If I were you, I'd take a trip somewhere spontaneously or do start a new hobby, go try meeting a new person to potentially date or simply doing things I generally don't do. It's out of the norm, and that's good. Because if you're all out of ideas, you may as well try enriching your life and trying some new things that could potentially help you figure out what the root of you depression is. Most everyone's depression stems from something, it is hard for me to buy that chemical imbalance crap....
Oh, and about the OCD. I too am a bit of that breed, and I have noticed that for me, a structured lifestyle and a loose routine definitely helps me control those tendencies. Giving yourself things to look forward to is also a great mood boost.
I get depressed from time to time. But mostly when I have women problems... so I my depression is not true clinical depression. But, I am the odd duck out in my family when it comes to that. 3 people in my life that I deal with constantly deal with depression. Three different forms. One is manic, one caused by social anxiety disorder brought on by hormone issues and the third is bi-polar. Their treatments are all different, but one thing is the same: get up and do something. Exercise is good because of the positive affect it has on the body, both chemically and physically. But really doing anything helps. The worse thing you can do is just sit around and dwell on it. Action must be taken even if said action has no direct effect on the depression.