I have a burning question for you (You will see the humor in just a second)

So, as some of you may know I recently lost my apartment and everything that I own to the apartment fire in Urbandale last week. Yes, boys that is exactly why the building may have looked so familiar, I know with your pants on it was hard to tell for sure.

But, on a more serious note... I would really like some advice or information on filling out my insurance claim and what happens afterwards.

This is the 1 time I am going to say I would prefer not to get screwed...
If you want to pm me or text me. I appreciate it!

P.S. The fire isn't stopping me...

Also, Don't think that Blue Eyes & I will ever forget the souls that were taken and the lives that were changed there!!! Cause we sure did have fun doing it!!! Time to break in the next place!!!
So sorry for the loss. It was a beautiful place. I have to admit reading the little portion available in the post title, I wondered if burning question meant meant something else. I have been there with a fire before. One of the things I had going for me was pictures of the rooms showing items that were there. Hardly anyone ever documents items they have for insurance purposes properly. I was able to use the photos instead. Every time I deal with insurance I feel like I get screwed. Hope your experience is better for sure.
so sorry to hear about your loss I can feel for you I have had 3 such loses myself 1 fire 2 theft 3 flood so I have dealt with insurance companies on all 3 occasions. All I can advise you is if you don't have any records left of your items i could be very trouble some but if you get a good adjuster work with him or her and listen to them carefully in my case the burglary they stole my fire safe and the records where in it but the adjuster accepted the owner manuals as proof I owned the itemsand what make and model they where. The big question to ask is do you have REPLACEMENT COST and if so how long do you have to turn in the supplemental claim after getting the initial settlement what that means is they pay you like .50 to .80 cents on the dollar for you item its a prorate but if you actually buy a replacement item of same value they send you the difference amount it cost you. So like if you had a 50 in tv that cost you $1000 you settle for $500 but if you buy a new one that that cost you $750 you send in the receipt and the send you another check for $250 that is replacement cost !! But you have a limited time to turn in the secondary claim 6 months??? Anyway the other most important thing is to make a list of all the things you have lost and take your time before you turn it in read it everyday keep a small notebook cause you will be adding to it as you remember. Hope this helps a little and wish you the best***
Wow! I'm so sorry to hear that! Insurance companies are always a pain in the butt! I hope it works out for you. Contact me if you need help.