the Republicans Can't Help Themselves.. More Give aways to the Wealthy

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...ins-2018-07-30

absurd. the Rich got a big break under Clinton, when the sale of Houses got a $500,000 per couple exemption, plus extremely lowered capital gains rates.. not enough.. Greed knows no boundaries.

the argument here is fallacious anyway. they ignore the fact that while these assets are growing in value, they are shielded from taxation.. if you want to take inflation into the equation, you should factor in the time value of money concept, and tax the growth in value annually.

why not focus on a sensible area for change.. like the $3,000 capital loss limits that haven't changed in decades? double that to $6,000.. nope, not good enough for the Republicans.. that change is a drop in the Ocean compared to the Treasury Rape they seek.
  • Tiny
  • 07-30-2018, 11:21 PM
The USA has the most progressive tax system in the developed world, more progressive than Sweden, France, Germany, etc. This is based on one or two studies by OECD economists, it’s not biased. A large part of the reason is that we don’t have a large regressive value added tax, like most countries.

The maximum capital gains tax in most countries is lower than the tax on ordinary income, for good reason. Lower taxes on capital gains encourage investment and efficient use of capital. Belgium and New Zealand have no capital gains tax. Higher capital gains tax rates can actually result in lower government revenues, because when the rate is too high, people will keep assets instead of selling them, so they won’t have to pay the tax.

Finally, inflation can result in people paying capital gains tax, even when they’ve lost money in real terms.

Charles Gibson asked candidate Obama if the capital gains tax should be raised even if it meant the government would receive less revenues. His said that may be justified because it makes the system fairer.

Why do a some (but not all) Democrats want to fuck the rich? Fuck the businesses? Instead of trying to reduce inequality by making the wealthy poorer, they should be trying to lift up the impoverished and the middle class.

Class warfare is a lot more fun though. And there’s nothing better than that self righteous feeling you get when you think you’re morally superior.
The top 10% of earners in this country already pay 90% of the taxes collected. How much more do you want?
The top 10% of earners in this country already pay 90% of the taxes collected. How much more do you want? Originally Posted by gfejunkie

the bottom 43 percent need to pay their fair share!!! many don't pay any taxes, thus no skin in the game.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...ins-2018-07-30

absurd. the Rich got a big break under Clinton, when the sale of Houses got a $500,000 per couple exemption, plus extremely lowered capital gains rates.. not enough.. Greed knows no boundaries.

the argument here is fallacious anyway. they ignore the fact that while these assets are growing in value, they are shielded from taxation.. if you want to take inflation into the equation, you should factor in the time value of money concept, and tax the growth in value annually.

why not focus on a sensible area for change.. like the $3,000 capital loss limits that haven't changed in decades? double that to $6,000.. nope, not good enough for the Republicans.. that change is a drop in the Ocean compared to the Treasury Rape they seek. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Let me guess - you lost a fortune and can only harvest 3000 per year?
So, BUTTPLUG, this is all about raising taxes on the people who don’t earn enough to collectively impact our deficit?

Makes perfect sense. Go where the money isn’t. That’s where you’ll find equity.

Brilliant.
The top 10% of earners in this country already pay 90% of the taxes collected. How much more do you want? Originally Posted by gfejunkie
More.
Many think that those in the top 10% just lay around and collect checks from investments, trust funds, or some other form of income that requires no effort.

Many of that top 10% are small business owners who pay a lot of taxes on earned income. They work long hours. They are tired at the end of the day. They have responsibilities not only to a customer base, but also the people they employ.

Most politicians don't have a clue about how this group of people live.
the bottom 43 percent need to pay their fair share!!! many don't pay any taxes, thus no skin in the game. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

Hence my belief, if you subsist only because of welfare, you shouldn't vote.
Hence my belief, if you subsist only because of welfare, you shouldn't vote. Originally Posted by garhkal
I have a step-daughter, single mother of a 17-year old at that time, who lost her job. While out of work she subsisted on an unemployment check and food stamps. Her ex had never given her child support.

So should she have been denied the right to vote while she was unemployed?
I have a step-daughter, single mother of a 17-year old at that time, who lost her job. While out of work she subsisted on an unemployment check and food stamps. Her ex had never given her child support.

So should she have been denied the right to vote while she was unemployed? Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Being on unemployment does not let you go free from paying taxes I know the few times I drew unemployment when I filed I had to clam that money I would say there is a big different between unemployment and welfare
Being on unemployment does not let you go free from paying taxes I know the few times I drew unemployment when I filed I had to clam that money I would say there is a big different between unemployment and welfare Originally Posted by Hotrod511
Of course you would.

When it's someone else, it's welfare. When it's you, it's "insurance."
Of course you would.

When it's someone else, it's welfare. When it's you, it's "insurance." Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
get help assup you have TDS
I'm not the one who defined it as such dipshit! one is insurance which is paid by the company you last work for though the state, the other is for dead beats like yourself who live off the government tit
It's just a fact of life. Trump supporters are either really really wealthy or really really stupid. Let's here it from the wealthy lol
It's just a fact of life. Trump supporters are either really really wealthy or really really stupid. Let's here it from the wealthy lol Originally Posted by Tsmokies

Did you pay taxes on the money you got for getting cocks rammed up your ass? lol