Finding a business lawyer so I can pay taxes

Greetings

I have two LLCs. One holds the deed to my farm, the other holds the deed to a commercial building I have. For what you are doing, you really do not need an LLC.

You are a therapist/counselor, you can walk into city hall and ask for a DBA to conduct business under some assumed name. It is a minimal fee, then go to the bank and open an account with that name.

I have a bunch of contractors doing work for me. An electrician, a couple plumbers, carpenters, painters, etc, all of them have their businesses set up as DBAs.

Most lawyers offer a free 1-hour consult. Call to get an appointment for a consult. You can explain your business model and they will give you referrals to what lawyer in your area is best suited to you. It is all free. But I am telling you that will be a waste of time because even with their advice, you do not need an LLC for what you do.

Originally Posted by RetiredSubmariner
Submariner.

You are right. I used a DBA when I first got started, and then needed the LLC. The main thing is get a seperate credit card and bank account. Do not mix the personal funds with business. Use of the car for business can be done with a log book and the IRS allowance for reinbusement per mile traveled (I think it is now about $0.55 something per mile. Easy to look up.) You can alo pay employees the use of their personal car by the IRS guideline, which changes.