I have a question about Strauss Square at the AT&T Performing Arts Center. Bela Fleck is coming to Dallas!

I just love the music and banjo playing of Bela Fleck and the Flecktones but have never seen them in performance. I missed them at Bass Hall a few years back.

They're coming to Dallas in October.

They're performing at the Annette Strauss Square. When looking at the tickets for sale, I noticed "table" seating to the left of the regular ground seating listed on the diagram of the grounds.

Has anyone ever been there? I would be more comfortable, I think, sitting at a table and the ticket cost isn't all that much more. But would love to hear from someone who has actually been out there.

Thanks,
Elisabeth
Elisabeth--

You don't know me, but your friend lovingkayla does. Saw your question, thought I'd help out.

Here's a link to a map... http://www.thedallasartsdistrict.org/visit/directions

then do a google image search with the search term 'annette strauss square' to see it.

Stage faces west, audience faces east, bounded on the north by a fancy brick wall, Woodall-Rogers Fwy is immediately north.

Time we were there, was on a windy cool evening [last year!!!]...people were bundled up to keep warm. Sloping grassy seating. No permanent chairs. So tables would be added for particular event. Enter from south, just west of Winspear Auditorium, and east of Meyerson. Parking underground and both escalators & elevators bring one to the surface. Nice venue. Collapsible chairs not allowed, as I recall, but ground covers, blankets are. Drinks available for sale.

HTH

luv2go37
Thanks for the information! The site did show a map but your description was a lot better!

The diagram listed "tables" and the tickets weren't bundled. In other words, they weren't selling them per table as is often the case. So I was asking if those tables were a permanent fixture and now, according to your response, I guess not.

I used to go to outside events all of the time but I'm no longer the "bring a wine and cheese basket and a quilt" type of girl anymore. Although I used to be!

I'm more into creature comforts. Guess that I could brave it for this performance!!!

Again, thanks for the help!!!

Warm kisses,
Elisabeth
elisabeth, luv2gbo37 provided great info.
the map at http://www.attpac.org looks west.
so, the winspear and myerson are on the left and the woodal rodger fwy is on the right.

the last time i was there, they had nice folding chairs in the main seating area but no tables. just call the box office and see what they can tell you.

just went to http://www.attpac.org and saw what you were asking about.
i would imagine that those tables are on the same level as the entrance to the winspear, meaning they are 15-20 off the lawn seating level and at a funky angle to the stage. you might miss seeing a band member who'd be on the right side of the stage.

but the chairs they had were nice and comfortable.
and on oct 14, the heat should be gone.

the website just indicated "Limited Availability: Only 5 Tickets Remain"
so you better hurry if you want creature comforts. on $10 more than section 10 and 12.