Maybe Trump is more honest than I thought....

• Old-T
  • 01-24-2016, 11:09 AM
At least he comes out and says he wants a theocracy.

"And by the way, Christianity will have power, without having to form."
He added: "Because if I'm there, you're going to have plenty of power. You don't need anybody else. You're going to have somebody representing you very, very well. Remember that."

From his speech yesterday in Sioux Center, Iowa as he literally thumped his bible. And a very ironic location--I wonder how some traditional Sioux feel about that?
He's still trying to explain to the Sioux why it's OK for him to steal other people's land...

He added: "Because if I'm there, you're going to have plenty of power. You don't need anybody else. You're going to have somebody representing you very, very well. Remember that."

From his speech yesterday in Sioux Center, Iowa as he literally thumped his bible. And a very ironic location--I wonder how some traditional Sioux feel about that? Originally Posted by Old-T
Where does it say that he wants a theocracy? Your hatred is getting the best of your mind.

From his speech yesterday in Sioux Center, Iowa as he literally thumped his bible. And a very ironic location--I wonder how some traditional Sioux feel about that? Originally Posted by Old-T

Go FUCK yourself, Old-Tyrant... While you do play the 0zombie thyme song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEkIou3WFnM

• Old-T
  • 01-24-2016, 11:45 AM
Where does it say that he wants a theocracy? Your hatred is getting the best of your mind. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

Read the quote. He is promising more power to Christians if he is president. If he is focusing on what he will do as president based upon it being pro-Christian, that is de facto a theocratic agenda.

Why doesn't he just say I will bar people of other faiths from being here? Oh, he already has said that.

Tell me, how is that not a theocratic agenda in practice?

No different than the anti-Catholic rhetoric with JFK, only Kennedy--who I did not vote for by the way--didn't say anything like what Trump has said.
  • Old-T
  • 01-24-2016, 11:55 AM
Go FUCK yourself, Old-Tyrant... While you do play the 0zombie thyme song...

Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Typical IIFFy reply--ignore the topic, ignore what you don't want to hear, deflect.

IB has taught you well.
Read the quote. He is promising more power to Christians if he is president. If he is focusing on what he will do as president based upon it being pro-Christian, that is de facto a theocratic agenda.

Why doesn't he just say I will bar people of other faiths from being here? Oh, he already has said that.

No different than the anti-Catholic rhetoric with JFK, only Kennedy--who I did not vote for by the way--didn't say anything like what Trump has said
Originally Posted by Old-T
Goodness you're sure reaching back, there, Old-THUMPER!

What about the anti-Mormon rhetoric the left used in a more recent election?

Did you miss that?

Or, more telling about your innate prejudice and bias, maybe you agreed with people making fun of Romney for his religious beliefs; hence, you are more amenable to letting those slanderous, denigrating remarks pass without comment, Old-THUMPER.

Typical IIFFy reply--ignore the topic, ignore what you don't want to hear, deflect.

IB has taught you well.
You'd be the one who was "schooled", Old-THUMPER.
Let's see....he wants to make it ok to say "Merry Christmas" again..... man, that scares the shit out of me! Who does he think he is - Ayatollah Trump?

And he might even leave the Little Sisters of the Poor alone, instead of violating their religious liberties like Obama is doing. Wouldn't that be terrible, old-Twat?
When is Hollywood coming out with the Killing Mullah Barach movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAsysJ72NSU
  • DSK
  • 01-24-2016, 02:02 PM
He's still trying to explain to the Sioux why it's OK for him to steal other people's land... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I don't remember him saying he was for stealing land....eminent domain involves just compensation and due process of law.

Now, I agree the US government stole land from the Indians, but I'm willing to give it back, especially if the shack you live in near Clarksville is part of the land returned, and given to the Indians so they can restore the salamander habitat...you fucking little pussy.

As the great Oscar deserving actor Samuel L Jackson might say, "I hope you die, and I hope you burn in Hell!"

• DSK
  • 01-24-2016, 09:26 PM

No different than the anti-Catholic rhetoric with JFK, only Kennedy--who I did not vote for by the way--didn't say anything like what Trump has said.
Old-T, you are a reasonable guy, I like most of your posts, and I don't know why Iffy and IB don't like you. However, I think characterizing a politician as pro-Christian doesn't mean he is going all the way to a theocracy.
I would characterize what he is saying as letting Christians know he agrees with the thought they are losing ground and deserve some advocacy to push back.

I do read the quote and it doesn't say what you think it does.
  • Old-T
  • 01-25-2016, 10:24 AM
I do read the quote and it doesn't say what you think it does. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
What does it say? What does he mean other than he will support a Christian agenda--and a specific one at that?
  • Old-T
  • 01-25-2016, 10:29 AM
Old-T, you are a reasonable guy, I like most of your posts, and I don't know why Iffy and IB don't like you. However, I think characterizing a politician as pro-Christian doesn't mean he is going all the way to a theocracy.
I would characterize what he is saying as letting Christians know he agrees with the thought they are losing ground and deserve some advocacy to push back. Originally Posted by DSK
Actually I agree with you--i am exaggerating a small amount. Unfortunately this board is overpopulated with zealots, and extreme statements are all they comprehend (or make). I certainly think Trump should have talked specifics about what issues he supports that the RW Christian churches also support. Broad generalities make it harder to track his flip-flops later, but they do come across as overly simplistic and all encompassing as he did in this case.
I don't remember him saying he was for stealing land....eminent domain involves just compensation and due process of law.

Now, I agree the US government stole land from the Indians, but I'm willing to give it back, especially if the shack you live in near Clarksville is part of the land returned, and given to the Indians so they can restore the salamander habitat...you fucking little pussy.

As the great Oscar deserving actor Samuel L Jackson might say, "I hope you die, and I hope you burn in Hell!"
Originally Posted by DSK
Here we go. Your MPD is showing again JL/UncleHan/BJerk...

Didn't you just make a big deal about the Academy Awards being racist? Yes.

Now you're being sarcastic about who deserves an Oscar? Yes.

So your mission here is what? To call people names? Yes.