Tis the season.....

With Christmas just around the corner.....Yes ladies and gent's you have 24 days to buy presents....I love gifts *hint hint* I thought what better way to get into the Christmas spirit than to share our favorite holiday movies....

Today's snow has me in holiday spirit mode. There really is something magical this time of year. Makes everyone a little more generous and cheerier.

So my favorite Christmas movie is actually a little hard to narrow down:
  • It's a wonderful life-"every time a bell rings, an angel gets their wings" How can anyone not love this movie
  • Jim Carrey's The Grinch that stole Christmas-Watched it tonight, and laughed and cried all at once! Such a cute remake to the original.
  • The Christmas Carol-there are so many to choose from, the Muppet version, scrooge being black, scrooge being a TV host, blah blah. Just bought the Charles Dickinson version that came out in theaters last year, pretty good.
  • Miracle on 34th Street
Of course then there are the classic cartoons/kids movies:
  • A year without Santa Clause
  • Rudolph the red nose reindeer
  • Frosty the snowman
  • Charlie Brown Christmas
  • Ester the long ear donkey
As I said, I can't narrow it down to just one. so what's some of your favorites to watch?
Oooh ty Brooke, reminded me to watch - A Christmas Story - I've been meaning to sit down with it since that thread on the leg lamp. Truly a classic lol.
Christmas Story is my favorite, as well as a big ELF fan (Will Ferrell). Also, when I was growing up HBO had Emmitt Otter Jugband Christmas, good times!
B.Carrie's, "How the Grinch stole Christmas" and the Dr Seuss Cartoon version. "The Bells of St Mary's". and many others.
I have to say, and this will shock many...I've never watched A Christmas Story. I have seen bits and pieces but never seen the full movie. It is on my to do list this year! Elf is soooo cute! I absolutely love Will Ferrell and he did a great job playing the role.
There is a house in Owego that displays a replica "Leg Lamp" every year at Christmas! Gotta love it! Scrooged with Bill Murray is also on top of my list.