Does "Upscale gentlemen only" mean the same as NBA?

This has probably been asked here before but I wouldn't know where to start with the search criteria to find out. But when a lady post in her ad "upscale gentlemen only" should I just assume that that means NBA or just ignore it and persue an appointment if she fits my liking. It's just that I've contacted a few ladies in the past whose ads said "upscale" and then told me they have an NBA policy. Do what's the word?
  • Twix
  • 08-23-2013, 02:41 PM
NBA?? Sounds like A Football Team Logo?? LOL
I always took it as: If you can afford the entrance fee, you are upscale.
Yeah, not sure what you mean by "NBA". I, however, have always interpreted "upscale" as another way of saying "bring a lot of money". I could be incorrect, and it isn't something that applies to 100% of the ladies, for sure, but if I see "upscale", I mentally translate that to "GPS", "Upsell", and a bunch of other things that don't make me want to book.
NBA = No Blacks Allowed. No Brothers Allowed.

Let's not get into a discussion of NBA on this thread, there are many other threads about that.

I guess it could mean "NBA" to some ladies, but I never got that impression. Maybe that's a codeword I just never caught on to before.

I always assumed "Upscale Gentlemen only" meant:

1) I'm overpriced

or

2) I'm trying to give myself an air of being high class.

Someone suggested it meant "fat." "Up" + "Scale" The bathroom scale goes up. ;-)
NBA as state above is no blacks allowed. hmmm never understood some girl they are comfortable with african american men but Hispanic, Asian and Middle-Eastern men are just fine.. Rude!

To me when a lady states that she is seeking upscale gentlemen I think of a few of these

* Generous (might leave a tip if he had a great time, might bring a gift (bottle of wine or chocolate, doesn't necessarily have to be all about money)
* Well groomed (freshly showered and good hygiene)
* Professional (follows proper directions such as screening, shows up on time, doesn't haggle rates, polite in all conversations with a respectful attitude, doesn't talk in street terms or make derogatory comments, shows up quiet as not to draw any attention, to some gentlemen 35+
* Arrive looking presentable...work uniforms ok, not drunk or on drugs.
A lot of good answers I think. One more possibility:

Upscale gentleman = not a rate haggler
Ive never associated "upscale" to be a certain "race"
Imo...definately *not* the same thing
i always thought "upscale only" was translation for rich white middle age (45) married guy

that's the cliche, movies always play up to
Sometimes it's funny to see how much of a contradiction to the term "upscale" alot of the ladies that use it appear to be
NBA as state above is no blacks allowed. hmmm never understood some girl they are comfortable with african american men but Hispanic, Asian and Middle-Eastern men are just fine.. Rude!

To me when a lady states that she is seeking upscale gentlemen I think of a few of these

* Generous (might leave a tip if he had a great time, might bring a gift (bottle of wine or chocolate, doesn't necessarily have to be all about money)
* Well groomed (freshly showered and good hygiene)
* Professional (follows proper directions such as screening, shows up on time, doesn't haggle rates, polite in all conversations with a respectful attitude, doesn't talk in street terms or make derogatory comments, shows up quiet as not to draw any attention, to some gentlemen 35+
* Arrive looking presentable...work uniforms ok, not drunk or on drugs. Originally Posted by Britttany_love
+1!!!!!!!! SOOOOO glad to see this in print!!!! Only one slight tweak; to ME the Orchid or the bottle of $40 scotch is MOST DEFINITELY a tip!!!!! and one that KEEPS ON giving!!!!!!..........just saying. :-)

That's ALSO A WONDERFUL WAY TO CEMENT YOURSELF INTO A young lady's heart SO THAT IF YOU ARE EVER A LITTLE STRAPPED YOU MIGHT FIND YOURSELF GETTING A DISCOUNT ON HER TIME (OR EXTRA TIME TO HANG OUT!). Ahhhhh, is THAT how it works.......

You can certainly assume that UPSCALE means that the gent is going to behave as one would expect on a date with any young lady.....

You know, Don't start smacking her ass and laying on the filthy talk UNTIL the clothes come off!!! LMAO!!!!

* Arrive looking presentable...work uniforms ok, not drunk or on drugs. Originally Posted by Britttany_love
In some instances......some ladies only have the NBA for size reasons. Others may be concerned about 'thug' appearance (location discretion) or the car they drive drawing attention, or ghetto behavior. JUST SAYING!!! don't throw tomatoes at me- ONLY OFFERING what LITTLE info I have.

I myself have laid hands on 3 WONDERFUL BA's that I THOUGHT WERE LE when I opened the door!!!! wonderful muscle structure.....soft skin.....polite....WOW, I'll be right back! LOL
Sometimes it's funny to see how much of a contradiction to the term "upscale" alot of the ladies that use it appear to be Originally Posted by lovelamp
LMAO!!!!!! It's like they saw that word on Craigslist describing an entertainment center and they thought it was catchy..

You're the bomb.
Here is my take:

1. Upscale: a Business Man who is not going to haggle her prices and is well groomed, well mannered etc..

2. Mature Man: and old dude who will not bang me for the entire hour and has plenty of $$, so I dont have to work hard for my $$

3. I love Multi hours: I can make twice or three times as much and not have to work hardly at all.

4. I love doubles: again make easy $$ with only doing half the 'load' pun intended.;;
You guys might find this funny and somewhat true.

http://forum.myredbook.com/dcforum2/DCForumID15/3.html

Guide to reading between the lines of a providers ad.