Anyone else having private message issues?

I've sent several private messages over the past week. Normally I get a message when it's been read. My last 4 have gone unanswered.

When checking, they're still unread yet the recipient has been online.

Now the obvious thought is they're avoiding ME. Not sure why they would, heck one was a thank you note.

Anyone else having issues?
If they don't click on the "ok" confirmation then the PM would still show on your end as unread ...even though the message might have been read.

But it is also possible that they just haven't been read as of yet ...I'm sure the girls receive quite a lot of PM's to sort through.
As a follow-up to your response, JCM, is there a way the site developers can move the "Confirm Receipt Requested" button to the top of the message that we create to someone, so we see it better? I don't really need to know if someone has read, and know that ones I receive that request confirmation get old. Or, can the default "Confirm Receipt Requested" be changed to NO and if someone wants a receipt, they have to click "Yes"?
I'm sure it could be done ...but I'm not sure who makes those kind of changes though.