Car advice...

I'm trying to find a dealership or one of those used car lots that will approve someone with bad credit to get a new car. A legit dealership offered $500 for my car as a trade in. Will used car dealerships do this as well? Also, do you know of any places that are good and don't sell lemons?
The FAQ section on this site covers most car buying stuff (but not technical mechanical or electronic):

http://www.carprousa.com/
I'm trying to find a dealership or one of those used car lots that will approve someone with bad credit to get a new car. A legit dealership offered $500 for my car as a trade in. Will used car dealerships do this as well? Also, do you know of any places that are good and don't sell lemons? Originally Posted by Jemma Martin

I have a dealership and can get you any car you like from the auctions. They have good cars to cars that need repairs. The auctions I go to rate them as green, yellow, red, and are at wholesale prices. Green car will be more reliable and in better condition but you will have to pay more, whereas the red cars are cheaper and will need some attention. If you go to big dealerships, they have the same cars but a lot more $$$ and interest.

What kind of car are you looking for? Also will need to talk in person about credit and the loan amount. I also do repairs and light body work.
Be careful somebody doesn't sell you a flood car...they're really cheap but ........
Maybe the other providers will chime in. One provider/stripper I know found a salesman at a used car dealership in S Houston somewhere that approved financing a car for her with $2k down and an extra $500 under the table. The only income she had was from providing. He said they help strippers get cars all the time. Her payments were like 500-600 / month.
Maybe the other providers will chime in. One provider/stripper I know found a salesman at a used car dealership in S Houston somewhere that approved financing a car for her with $2k down and an extra $500 under the table. The only income she had was from providing. He said they help strippers get cars all the time. Her payments were like 500-600 / month. Originally Posted by eros1970
I probably know the same dealer and dealership.... The one I recommended to you Jemma. They approve everyone! You just need to call them.

That seems a little low for your trade in.
  • cocky
  • 06-01-2016, 10:30 PM
Agree with above...........try private sale also. Not a buyer market right now - dealer pretty firm on their price when a friend shop for replacement after her got flooded three weeks ago. If possible, drive the car till can't and save a sizable down payment (help with negotiation especially with bad credit). Good luck and best wishes.
I have a dealership and can get you any car you like from the auctions. They have good cars to cars that need repairs. The auctions I go to rate them as green, yellow, red, and are at wholesale prices. Green car will be more reliable and in better condition but you will have to pay more, whereas the red cars are cheaper and will need some attention. If you go to big dealerships, they have the same cars but a lot more $$$ and interest.

What kind of car are you looking for? Also will need to talk in person about credit and the loan amount. I also do repairs and light body work. Originally Posted by borakpeter51
To me....
this is the obvious solution. Give him an idea of what you are interested in and cost range. He can watch the auction listings and get it for you.

it's the same way almost every dealer gets their stock except the buyer shows up after. I've shopped dozens of two year old vehicles at local dealerships. checking every vehicle's carfax revealed it was picked up off lease from an auction in another state

he can sell your car the same way....send it to the auction and give you what he got for it less auction fees

i know many people that wanted something specific just have a dealer watch for it.
Maybe the other providers will chime in. One provider/stripper I know found a salesman at a used car dealership in S Houston somewhere that approved financing a car for her with $2k down and an extra $500 under the table. The only income she had was from providing. He said they help strippers get cars all the time. Her payments were like 500-600 / month. Originally Posted by eros1970
Spencer Highway?
No to bad credit normally means you pay a higher interest rate which is a higher monthly car note. Best bet is to pay for a car outright unless you're trying to build credit. Any salesperson worth their salt should be able to get you taken care of regardless of your occupation.

Give me price range and i will find the car. One of my customer recently said he wanted a bmw 3 series with budget around $9k to $13k. Next week found them a 2008 bmw 328i for $10,400. Similar cars were listed for 14k at other big dealers. They got themselves a good deal without haggling. I'm keeping my margins low so i get more turnover, get more capital and start financing.

To me....
this is the obvious solution. Give him an idea of what you are interested in and cost range. He can watch the auction listings and get it for you.

it's the same way almost every dealer gets their stock except the buyer shows up after. I've shopped dozens of two year old vehicles at local dealerships. checking every vehicle's carfax revealed it was picked up off lease from an auction in another state

he can sell your car the same way....send it to the auction and give you what he got for it less auction fees

i know many people that wanted something specific just have a dealer watch for it. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
Jemma - you need to take the guy up on the auto auction deal. That's the best deal you are going to get.

Spencer Highway? Originally Posted by Jemma Martin
I don't know. I texted her a couple days ago but got no response.