fixing cars in parking lot

I am not sure what my opinion is of this. Most or maybe all apartment or condo
complexes owners get irritated when they see someone working on their car in
the parking lot. Many have regulations.

I happen to live in one of these, and like to work on my car in the parking lot. People complain. Why do they care so much ? Why don't they mind their own business ? Why do they feel they need to report it to building management ? It's only once or twice a year, for half a day.

However, it wouldn't appeal to me to see a bunch of people working on their cars in the parking lot.

I have to go out at 5 am to avoid the security guard, when they have a shift change, and a couple of hours is open.
In my opinion, it makes the property look bad. Depending on where you live of course. My HOA is very strict but, I love it. Strict rules was one of the reasons that I chose my community. Good luck!
You don't have a friend with a house and a garage you can use?
The reason is there are more dumbasses than people with common sense.
The dumbasses fuck it up for everybody else by dumping their oil, antifreeze, grease, you name it in the parking lot and do not make any effort to clean it up.
This stuff ruins the asphalt and stains the concrete.
Then you have the ones that are perpetually working on the vehicle and never fix it so it sits with the hood off and shit all over the place.
They will also leave thi8er trash on the ground and not pick it up.

I know you are not one of them and that is why I say it is the dumbasses that fuck it up for the rest of us.
^Yep. That's exactly what it is.
Do it at an Autozone or other place like that. I see it all the time.
Buy your parts there. They will even lend you tools or help you if they are slow.
I agree with you sir, sometimes working on your own car is a necessity and therapeutic. You should not have to conceal your work ability in the wee hours like it is a crime. It just shows that the complaining tenants lack mechanical skills and probably get their wallets lighten at car repair shops. I rather put the money savings turning tools into hobby fund so I can use my fun tool.
5am....?
I work on my car all time and Noone says shit to me. . The new owners other day was actually watching me and impressed I was doing Racket and Pinion work and knew how to do it. They even offered to help.
Then I changed my routers and brakes. And my bushings on front end. All done at my apartments. .
My defense though is I was a woman and I guess it was fun to watch.
I'm sure in next 6months when renovations here are more complete, something may get said. But till then, if I can fix it I will in my parking lot!!
Having several parts cars on jack stands is icing on the cake.
...I was doing Racket and Pinion work and knew how to do it....I changed my routers and brakes. And my bushings on front end... Originally Posted by AlexisMoore

Which racket?

Which router? And, what were you doing? Did you re-pack and press bearings while you were in there?

Which bushings? Swaybar? A-arm? Do tell.
^^^

That's a retarded whore.... She knows her shit.
Phew, good thing I didn't have my drink in hand while reading that.
What about the muffler bearings?
I did the complete Racket n Pinion set replace. Control arms and tire rods too. Complete front end. The bushings were strut mount bushings I replaced. . I need tire rod bushings also but that's later. I was too tired and frustrated to mess with it. All my routers.. All 4 of them. That's easy work. Brakes are easy too.
I do know how to fix cars. And if I have the time I will. And I have a friend who owns a shop in Pasadena, so he's always a phone call away if I need help. Hes my cousin so that helps. Plus I use his tools to do all my work.
I grew up in a mechanic show with my cousins and uncle. They taught females in family how to work on cars, etc. Best thing I was ever taught. Saves me thousands a year.