Mass shooting at Zombi-Con, Fort Myers, FL

and the event is being held at the Sidney and Berne Davis Art Center another "gun free" zone.

Go ahead, begin the defense.
0zombieCon had a mass shooting. Unremarkable... http://www.masslive.com/news/index.s...ombicon_s.html

?
and the event is being held at the Sidney and Berne Davis Art Center another "gun free" zone.

Go ahead, begin the defense. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
In the 10 or so articles I read on the shootings, there is no indication that the shootings took place in the Sidney and Berne Davis Art Center. From what I can tell, the shootings took place on one of the streets of Ft. Myers, which, again from what I can tell, was not a gun free zone. But I'm sure you have proof to back up your statements. Or not.

In the 10 or so articles I read on the shootings, there is no indication that the shootings took place in the Sidney and Berne Davis Art Center. From what I can tell, the shootings took place on one of the streets of Ft. Myers, which, again from what I can tell, was not a gun free zone. But I'm sure you have proof to back up your statements. Or not. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
He's full of shit, as usual. Of the numerous articles I read, none even mentioned this art center. They all said the festivities were being held in the downtown area and that the shooting took place on the street. You should know by now that Judy never provides links for any of his bullshit.

Go ahead Judy, begin the defense.
You try so hard to be stupid....I'd think you'd be better at it. It's called the Internet.

The map with the Art Center as the centerpiece;
http://zombicon.com/wp-content/uploads/DEADWALK-MAP.pdf

The Sidney and Berne Davis center is on 1st street between Lee and Jackson (ohhh, there's your problem. their streets are named after Southern Civil War generals)
You try so hard to be stupid....I'd think you'd be better at it. It's called the Internet.

The Sidney and Berne Davis center is on 1st street between Lee and Jackson (ohhh, there's your problem. their streets are named after Southern Civil War generals) Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Where does it say the event was held inside the art center? The shooting took place in the street. Keep trying, Judy.

The Sidney and Berne Davis center is on 1st street between Lee and Jackson (ohhh, there's your problem. their streets are named after Southern Civil War generals) Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I hate to repeat myself, but please prove to us that the murder occurred in a gun free zone as you imply. If not, there is no defense to begin. Simply another handgun homicide.
If not a gun, it would be a knife, look at what's going on in Israel. Outlawing law abiding citizens from owning guns will do nothing to stop the killings.
Wolves?
  • WTF
  • 10-19-2015, 07:27 AM

Were you attending the Convention?
If not a gun, it would be a knife, look at what's going on in Israel. Outlawing law abiding citizens from owning guns will do nothing to stop the killings. Originally Posted by live aboard
First, your second statement is somewhat incorrect. There have been studies done that show in homes where there are guns, there is an increased rate of homicide and suicide over those homes in which there are NO guns. I am not suggesting at all that law abiding citizens be kept from purchasing handguns, but rather pointing out that handguns in the home in the hands of law abiding citizens can lead to death.

http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/160/10/929.full

And your first statement is 100% incorrect IMHO. Simple analogy. You are 10 feet from me and want to kill me. With a gun, I am more than likely dead. Any other weapon and you probably have to come in close contact with me. I can run. I can grab something with which to protect myself. I can possibly overpower you. More than likely I will live.
Parson in Detroit shoots a man with a brick inside a church, isn't that a gun free zone?
Where does it say the event was held inside the art center? The shooting took place in the street. Keep trying, Judy. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Where do I say that it was held INSIDE the art center? I didn't. I said AT the art center which it was. If you can't read then get someone to help you. Also not off the flea picking until you get the hang of doing it right. Here is an example;

Make sure that you eat that little bugger when you catch it.

Where do I say that it was held INSIDE the art center? I didn't. I said AT the art center which it was. If you can't read then get someone to help you. Also not off the flea picking until you get the hang of doing it right. Here is an example;

Make sure that you eat that little bugger when you catch it. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
You're a lying, equivocating piece of shit. At the center doesn't mean inside?

Give it up, Judy. You're losing your shit. It was held in a downtown area that included the center. You've yet to post evidence it took place in a gun-free zone.

Make sure that you eat that little bugger when you catch it. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Now you're splitting hairs. Just admit you were wrong. You clearly implied that the killing was in a gun free zone. The killing was also near a lot of buildings that were not gun free zones. Why only mention the center? If you honestly did not mean that the killing occurred inside the center, please explain your comment "Go ahead, begin the defense." Obvious to everyone exactly what you meant.