My Observations

I have noticed a tendancy of "the new providers" to select a name similiar to a known provider with a good reputation. They tend to add a prefix or suffix which is an alliteration of the "known provider".

In Welcome and Introductions I expect to someday see "Ze Plus - The Real Tink Your Bell"

Bottom line - Create your own reputation and stay off others turf!!!
I've noticed that as well. It's very annoying.
I think they are counting on the guys that react to new providers like Homer Simpson reacts to donuts.

There are about a dozen or so names that have so many variations that I have lost track. As an example, the name Brook(e) has so many variations just here in DFW area that a negative connotation with one of them is linked with all in my mind. Not fair, but that is the result of these marketing ploys.

Doing your research to play safe becomes even more important for the hobbyist in these cases. At the same time, I have seen similar plays by hobbyist who attempt to play off of the reputation of a hobbyist by slight variations to a name. Makes life as a provider a bit tougher as well.

I am frequently surprised by the number of hobbyist with TIGER in their handle. Thankfully, from what I can tell, most of those guys have good reputations. I think when Whitetiger first came on the scene, I was worried about it since I used a white tiger as my avatar. (Caitie Mae provided me with my avatar.) But he seems to be an upstanding member of our little perverted world here.
How many "Banks" can you name?
Yeah that seems to be all too common. Honestly, unless I am mistaken based on my own bias, I would say that pretty much all guys are going to look at the pictures first thing to make a decision, then the personality, the name is going to have pretty much nothing to do with it. That's just my 2 cents though.
Let's be fair though, it's gotta be hard to think of something completely new and original. I'd be tempted to just make a slight alteration to a name I thought was interesting too.

It's on the guy to do his research, that's all.
I dont like it... when providers all have the same names such as "price" "snow" "Banks" ect it makes me think they are all pimp sisters (with the exception of Kaci Snow who has made it clear she is not affiliated with any other "snows")
I wonder if many of them do not do it because they don't realize how important it is. I know many times I create Usernames on websites almost without thinking because I don't expect to use the site much.

Here, by the time people figure out how interactive this place is, they're already known by their handle.
Oh I wish a bitch would.......

lol

There is another with my name but she spells hers different and is in Austin.

NO WORRIES
It's not just newbies .

I was The DANNIE in 2006, and now we have The SOPHIE (who is, by her own admission, "often imitated, emulated, never duplicated" ahhhh..sweet irony) and a host of other "THE _______" providers. The only difference being, I was given that title, so I feel it was earned rather than something I 'borrowed' from another provider's success. Meh. I hear imitation is the sincerest form of flattery .
It's pathetic and yet very complimentary all at the same time LOL

It's still annoying as fuck though
At the same time, I have seen similar plays by hobbyist who attempt to play off of the reputation of a hobbyist by slight variations to a name. Originally Posted by tigercat
Solution: Avoid establishing a reputation that might tempt others to mimic your handle, or pretend to be you when scheduling, and then destroy that shared reputation by their actions. The ideal status is such that, whenever your handle is mentioned, people say "Who??? Never heard of him." Better to have no reputation than risk a bad reputation? It might not work for the ladies, but I highly recommend this approach for clients.
  • ~Ze~
  • 08-09-2012, 03:38 PM
.....a known provider with a good reputation......

In Welcome and Introductions I expect to someday see "Ze Plus - The Real Tink Your Bell" Originally Posted by Toasted
I haven't laughed so hard in a while.. :P

Like anyone REALLY wants to steal MY rep. LOL... Career suicide it would be! My "rep" is shitty. Literally.
Ze -- Your stellar reputation and quick wit came to mind when I was formulating an example. Glad you had a good laugh.
In San Antonio there is a Miranda Fox and a couple of times guys call me and get us confused its annoying.