Ryan Lochte Robbed At Gunpoint In Rio With 3 Other U.S. Swimmers

From all the security reports I read leading up to Rio I knew this was gonna happen just wondered when and I'm sure it's being way under-reported as it pertains to the tourists. These gangs operating in Rio (preying on tourists Olympics or not) is also known to pose as fake taxi cab drivers and will rape men and women alike.

Olympic gold medalist Ryan Lochte was held up at gunpoint with three other U.S. swimmers following a party in Rio de Janeiro early Sunday, Olympic officials have confirmed.

The 12-time Olympic medalist was in a taxi with fellow gold medalists Gunnar Bentz, Jack Conger and Jimmy Feigen when they were confronted by several armed people posing as police officers, according to a statement released by the U.S. Olympic Committee.

The individuals “demanded the athletes’ money and other personal belongings. All four athletes are safe and cooperating with authorities,” the statement read.
Good thing Mr. Phelps was babysitting
Could happen anywhere.
Whatever
NBC is doing a pathetic job of reporting on what else is going on at Rio. They are trying to avoid anything that will embarrass the host nation, and doing a disservice to the viewing public in the process.

How much reporting have they done on the numerous failures they have had from the green pools, raw sewage issue with water sports, etc???

Funny how they had to report on this issue, but ignored this one that happened earlier.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/rio-o...ob-him-in-rio/

These guys have a lot better hardware than most street thugs in the US.

Looks like some of the strictest gun laws in world are working out pretty well for them.

Look at this shit happening in Rio as we speak.

Note to self: Knock out every street hustler that gets within 2-3 feet of you, no questions asked.

Watching the morning national news programs, seeing other reports surfacing about criminal activity targeting Olympians and tourists in general.

The sewage in the sea, the mountainside shack community, the crime, and Zika have definitely been downplayed.

Rio is still alluring, and I've always wanted to enjoy Carnival, but now... I'll stay in the USA.
With gangs this large patrolling the beaches; how anyone could get caught up in this mess is insane. How do you know who's who.

Fuck that don't want to go to a beach that bad.
Those guys left the Olympic village on their own without the security provided to each athlete that leaves the village. They probably stood out like a sore thumb and were taken advantage of.
That's his fault you shouldn't be out at 3 in the morning in Rio
If the stupid fucks are dumb enough to leave the compound ....no sympathy from me. I have no doubt they knew the risks. Dumbasses

Rio has been a fucked up place for a long time. Nothing new there.
If you know how to be safe Rio is fine.
Some people seem to think that their story does not add up..................

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...azil/88894372/

The truth will come out
Some people are just plain dumb.

It's like the dude talking to somebody on their cell while they are in the shitter stall.
Just yesterday I heard one of those fools so I started making loud farting sounds and shouting oh yeah that feels good.
These idiots are walking around with earbuds in connected to their 750 buck phone and oblivious to everything around them. It's what a hustler calls an easy mark.

hell the media will not talk bad about Hillary so what makes you think they would talk bad about the Olympics.