The Good Part Of FOSTA

It will cause $'s to drop since providers will have no where to post? Since some of the rates have jump way to much for avg services from avg looking providers.
  • Old-T
  • 03-27-2018, 10:39 AM
I am not at all sure that will happen.

And if it does, it is not a good thing. Too many of the ladies are struggling to make ends meet--the general "client math" is so far off it is ridiculous for many of the ladies.

It will cause $'s to drop since providers will have no where to post? Since some of the rates have jump way to much for avg services from avg looking providers. Originally Posted by KTALGSTO
  • Luxie
  • 03-27-2018, 10:50 AM
In your dreams, lol.

SESTA/FOSTA is going to cause a lot of providers to abandon sex work altogether. What you are going to see instead is an increase in rates. Ad prices are going to jump and our risk factor is going to skyrocket. Right now I rely on free advertising but if I have to start paying exorbitant rates on P411, Eros, etc then my rates are going to increase and I know for a fact I am not the only one that will go that route.

This post was funny though in that you think taking advantage of already disenfranchised women is a good thing. You tried, and all that happened was you joining multiple blacklists. Have a good day!
No. The good part of FOSTA is that it's intent is to help human trafficking victims.

The worst parts of SESTA/FOSTA is that it's overbroad and SESTA is unconstitutional under the Ex Post Facto clause. Which I predict will be its eventual downfall but not until after mass chaos.
AGREED, the ONLY good part is the intent. Consequences are going to be just the opposite.

The road to hell...
If you believe in that sort of thing.
+1 - Also when prohibition was in effect - the cost of alcohol went up,up,up.

In your dreams, lol.

SESTA/FOSTA is going to cause a lot of providers to abandon sex work altogether. What you are going to see instead is an increase in rates. Ad prices are going to jump and our risk factor is going to skyrocket. Right now I rely on free advertising but if I have to start paying exorbitant rates on P411, Eros, etc then my rates are going to increase and I know for a fact I am not the only one that will go that route.

This post was funny though in that you think taking advantage of already disenfranchised women is a good thing. You tried, and all that happened was you joining multiple blacklists. Have a good day! Originally Posted by Luxie
Everywhere that things are legal prices drop. This law will make prices rise. Many of us are UTR, word of mouth, private club.
I highly suggest getting grandfathered in with your favorite ladies at their current rates.

I won't speak for everyone, but the quality ladies will not be decreasing rates, nor will we be bypassing screening.

Get contact info, get screened, get LUCKY.
Just like the oil field....less available costs go up! Grandfathered is the answer.
AGREED, the ONLY good part is the intent. Consequences are going to be just the opposite.

The road to hell...
If you believe in that sort of thing. Originally Posted by rkedge
And like with many laws, the intent behind them is good, but the actual EFFECT of them is totally screwed up.
  • Old-T
  • 03-27-2018, 12:51 PM
And like with many laws, the intent behind them is good, but the actual EFFECT of them is totally screwed up. Originally Posted by garhkal
Spot on.

Too many politicians have grown up in a sound byte era. They get a slogan, pound the podium, get it passed, but never took the time to think it through and word it carefully.

That used to be one of the jobs of the staffers--to look for and try to write out the unintended consequences. But too many politicians have replaced experienced staffers with political minions and yes-men who don't want to find UCs, and are to idealistic to believe them when they are pointed out to them. But the lobbyists are loving it.
+1 - Also when prohibition was in effect - the cost of alcohol went up,up,up. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
I remember prohibition like it was yesterday. Lol
Just like the oil field....less available costs go up! Grandfathered is the answer. Originally Posted by ~DolceVitaBentley~
I have 13 grandkids. Does that help? Lol
It will cause $'s to drop since providers will have no where to post? Since some of the rates have jump way to much for avg services from avg looking providers. Originally Posted by KTALGSTO
Two things:
1. Never expose your hand.
2. Be a believer in the free market.

The ladies are actually correct.