Stop Toys for Tots in ads on board

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=8465773

This happened in Houston..................
  • ~Ze~
  • 12-13-2011, 05:49 PM
+1

Why bring more drama here than we already have.

Gifts for Giving

Toy Drive

Gotta think of something original....

Its a damn shame. Watching that video, there is a ticker on the screen with " alleged liquid **** in beer bottles " - "man killed by deputy shot near chopper" ....
Can't they worry about the more important things???

Now there is another child being ripped from her mom.
Glad that I didn't have MY Christmas "Toys for Tarts" campaign this year, as I'd done the last 3 seasons. Decided to concentrate on shelter critters, but now I'm wondering if I should be worrying about being busted by the K-9 police for my dog chow drive?

Desperate people do desperate things
Don't forget that the gathering that was busted in Houston was also a Toys For Tots drive.
LOL, just searched Dallas Adult and found 2 ads. 1 from 12/13. Even has a logo image.
http://dallas.backpage.com/BodyRubs/...ay-42/12504821

Wow. How nice!
The thing is several strip clubs in Houston run the toys for tots drive also. Fuck, the marines do not give a squat where the toys come from . . . the marines just need the toys.
As a staff member I want to add a thought. BTW I am speaking for myself, not ECCIE.

ECCIE rules forbid mention of anything about children. The requests for toys, etc violate that rule, but I never recogonized that.

To comply with ECCIE rules and to avoid unwanted, twisted, recognition, we need to totally avoid any mention of children, tots, etc.

I do realize that the efforts are in good faith, but we must live within the rules of the real world.

Torito
How about "Toys for Twats?"
The thing is several strip clubs in Houston run the toys for tots drive also. Fuck, the marines do not give a squat where the toys come from . . . the marines just need the toys. Originally Posted by pyramider
It's more about what draws unwanted attention, and a newscast showing the site qualifies as unwanted attention.
How about "Toys for Twats?" Originally Posted by J.G. Wentworth
Now, don't steal my thunder - I did that ad a couple of years, then toned it down to "Toys for Tarts." This year, however, I decided to concentrate on critter charity. (And I don't mean donations for my muff, silly.)

You know, I never thought about that before, Torito, that mentioning toy drives for kids in ads might indeed be a violation of the ECCIE rules regarding children. I guess it is best that we just stay away from the issue entirely from now on. It's a shame, as once again reality slaps us on the rump when we ladies are really just trying to do a good deed during the holidays. (As opposed to our usual very BAD deeds.)

Soooo..... "Bones for Bow Wow" still okay, I assume?
Gotta think of something original....
Originally Posted by ~Ze~
I agree. I do a toy drive every year but I would and never have called it "toys for tots".

Like Ze said, you have to put your own spin on it.
The thing is several strip clubs in Houston run the toys for tots drive also. Fuck, the marines do not give a squat where the toys come from . . . the marines just need the toys. Originally Posted by pyramider
Might want to rethink that

B**** M*****, Vice President of Marine Toys for Tots, told me, "We don't want to associate with any person who would besmirch the reputation of the US Marine Corps ... or the Toys for Tots organization."
Apparently toys coming from a bunch of johns and hookers "besmirches" the Marines.
Apparently toys coming from a bunch of johns and hookers "besmirches" the Marines. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Didn't think anything could "besmirch" a tough bunch like that. I bet the REAL Marines, and not the PR spokesman, wouldn't care. Probably would be VERY helpful in the sack with toys, er, um, with the sack of toys. Hmmm, Marines wouldn't need toys in the sack, would they? OOHRAH!
How about "Toys for Twats?" Originally Posted by J.G. Wentworth
I can never have too many toys for my twat! PM me for info...