Antonio Brown keeps stoking the flames of a dumpster fire

https://nypost.com/2023/05/03/antoni...tel-rooms/amp/

It's been amazing, sad and incredibly entertaining to watch how ridiculous AB's ownership stake in an arena team has gone so far.

This most recent stuff is mostly just sad. This man needs help, not an arena team or any sort of power over any human being when he can't even control himself.
It’s amazing how many opportunities he’s had. And fucked up everytime. Mebbe the Steelers tried. He is the best receiver in Steelers history. Seems like everyone is an enabler and never did what needed to be done from saving him from himself.
I'll be shocked if his brain isn't riddled with CTE. He was never the same post-Burfict. Not a complete 180 by any means, but the self-destructive progression in his behavior massively escalated after that.
I'll be shocked if his brain isn't riddled with CTE. He was never the same post-Burfict. Not a complete 180 by any means, but the self-destructive progression in his behavior massively escalated after that. Originally Posted by HDGristle
It started when the Steelers signed him to his first big contract. A few Steelers predicted it.
There's a difference between him being the second-coming of ME-shawn and what he's turned into, tho
There's a difference between him being the second-coming of ME-shawn and what he's turned into, tho Originally Posted by HDGristle
He turned into it with the Steelers long ago. The Rooney’s are still power brokers in this town. Most of the bullshit about players never sees the light of day. BTW, look at some of the brutal shots Lynn Swann took. He had at least five of the Burfect shots AB had. I’m not buying that angle.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax80A1...YWwgc2hvdHM%3D

Plus all the shots from the Raiders. Which were just as brutal.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gxzKlH...bm4gc3dhbm4%3D
I've seen them. Buy or don't buy whatever you're inclined to.
I've seen them. Buy or don't buy whatever you're inclined to. Originally Posted by HDGristle
I actually had a very severe concussion. It happened on the last play of the last game of the season. Back then it was considered getting your bell rung. No big deal. I sat on the bench and puked my guts out. I had the shivers on the ride back from Buffalo. I knew something was wrong. I felt disoriented for a week. I had my end of season interview with the HC the following Wednesday. He wanted me back. I told him I was done. My football career was over. I was 21. I couldn’t imagine having a few of those. It was a total cheap shot. But back in the early 80’s, it was within the rules.

I don’t think the one shot from Burfect turned AB into the total disaster that he is.
I didn't say it did. I said his destructive behavior escalated after the hit. He'd also had his bell rung multiple times prior to that one. I also said it wasn't a complete 180.
I didn't say it did. I said his destructive behavior escalated after the hit. He'd also had his bell rung multiple times prior to that one. I also said it wasn't a complete 180. Originally Posted by HDGristle
Every football player has had many concussions of some degree. There’s no avoiding it. To say AB is a victim of concussions is sketchy at best. Many players have retired because of concussions. None act like AB. But a few had untimely deaths. Like Junior Sehau, Mike Webster and Dave Duerson.
https://triblive.com/sports/antonio-...-arena-league/

Unfortunate turn of events for his Arena team.
I'll be shocked if his brain isn't riddled with CTE. He was never the same post-Burfict. Not a complete 180 by any means, but the self-destructive progression in his behavior massively escalated after that. Originally Posted by HDGristle
Yep. This has been sad to watch. Definitely a marked escalation after the hit, which was one of the dirtiest that I've seen. AB was one of my favorite Steelers because of how he went from being a 6th round draft pick, who wasn't nearly the fastest, with a vertical that wasn't off the charts either, to being the best in the league, through hard work and dedication. After the Burfict hit, it's just been one head scratcher after another.
Don’t think I’d agree he was the best Steelers receiver ever. There’s at least 3 others I’d consider more valuable to the team.
No receiver in NFL history put together 6 consecutive seasons as good as he did.