Movie Review: Green Lantern

Basically, it was ok. Ryan Reynolds was dead on in his portrayal of Hal Jordan. The movie moved slow in some scenes. For those of us who are die hard fans, there was a lot of "misnomers" in the movie. For instance, Abin Sur crashed in the desert and sent the ring out to find someone worthy. In the movie, he crashed in a swamp. WRONG! Next, green lanterns always have a green shield around them when they are in green lantern mode. Not in this one. Hal Jordan was hit with lab equipment that shouldn't have touched him at all. His eyes are supposed to ALWAYS be green b/c the power of "will" (which is green) is flowing through his body. Also, and this one was BIG! He didn't recharge his ring every 24 hours. The ring must be recharged every 24 hours or it's worthless. He only said the oath twice in the movie...and once he wasn't even charging the ring but fighting! WTF!

So, in summary, wait until it hits the $1 theater!

Black Green Lantern aka BGL

P.S.
If you don't keep up with the series, there are now black lanterns instead of just green and yellow!

P.P.S.
If you don't know the oath, shame on you!
I think this is the first movie review in eccie history! Sadly, it won't count towards PA. LOL

I hate it when Hollywood decides to deviate from a comic book's core. I mean, there's a reason the comic is popular. Why change it? The casual movie goer won't know, but the more hard core comic fan gets annoyed by the errors.

Anyway, sounds like lantern had a good time. And at a price far below an average session.

HID
Thanks for the heads up on the movie. I'm glad I took a pass. I might just wait to rent it vs going to cheap theater to watch it. Our cheap movie house had rats the last time I was there years ago. I'm sure it hasn't gotten better..lol.
i was in full nerd mode. green lantern shirt, green pants, and even Green lantern basketball shoes on. i had a beautiful lady with me that i went to school with. we both nodded off during the movie for a split second (did the whole head fall and you wake yourself up thing). after the movie, i was talking to a guy outside that had on a green lantern shirt and we discussed the movie. he had the same thoughts as me about the movie.