Led Zep

Anyone else read this new bio of them? As people, they come across boringasfuck, (even though they did make some tasty tunes), but the groupie tales in the book are epic. The mudshark's in there, plus a story about a Vegas Amazon showgirl and a Great Dane that is for the ages...
Boring As Fuck is not how I would describe Led Zeppelin, but what would I, a mere whore, know about quality rock and roll...
What about the sex slave Jimmy Paige kept prisoner on the road... that mentioned?
why wouldnt they be boring?
outside of Bonham they were studio musicians
they inspired a lot of new bands and genres for generations of musicians beyond them, surely that is enough to be judged as anything but "boring as fuck" from some guy who posts political threads on a sex-worker forum?
Oh, yeah: Lori Maddox. Yeesh.
Bonham's drunk antics come off as funny, then desperate and then sad. A real waste of talent.
they inspired a lot of new bands and genres for generations of musicians beyond them, surely that is enough to be judged as anything but "boring as fuck" from some guy who posts political threads on a sex-worker forum? Originally Posted by valkyra
Probably because the hos are boring, too...
Listen to them when bored out of my skull at work and I'm being influenced by things I'm not supposed to be.

Agree that Robert Plant comes across as at least borderline homosexual and probably worse.

Really no interest in them as human beings or really even think of them as human.

Will probably listen to Physical Graffiti today though in honor of this fantastic thread.

Won't listen intently though, really utilize it more as background music or ambient noise.

Also agree about the whores. Sheesh.
Led Zeppelin III is my personal favorite. Page's guitar solo on "Since I've Been Loving You" is his best work imo.
Tangerine is a listenable song even though it's more of a jingle.
Tangerine is a listenable song even though it's more of a jingle. Originally Posted by Next Best Thing
That's one of the first songs that I learned to play on guitar. It's fairly simple and in standard tuning. Jimmy Page used a lot of alternate guitar tunings, especially on the acoustic stuff.
I have zero technical awareness of music or creating sounds with musical instruments Willie. I can only passively listen.

Always believed Led Zeppelin was mostly Robert Plant screeching and John Bonham pounding on drums caveman style, along with Jimmy Page doing whatever it is he was doing which seemed like quite a bit of posing and showing off.

Usually I can't even recognize bass.

Don't mind listening to them even though what I just posted probably sounds like I do.
Boring As Fuck is not how I would describe Led Zeppelin, but what would I, a mere whore, know about quality rock and roll... Originally Posted by valkyra
I agree, not boring.
Although most of the songs on Led Zeppelin II have been so overplayed on the radio that I don't enjoy them anymore.
I have zero technical awareness of music or creating sounds with musical instruments Willie. I can only passively listen.

Always believed Led Zeppelin was mostly Robert Plant screeching and John Bonham pounding on drums caveman style, along with Jimmy Page doing whatever it is he was doing which seemed like quite a bit of posing and showing off.

Usually I can't even recognize bass.

Don't mind listening to them even though what I just posted probably sounds like I do. Originally Posted by Next Best Thing
Lol. Screeching, pounding and posing describes most of the rock bands from the 70's and 80's. I love all of it. Music has always been a big part of my life, even before I had any technical awareness of music.
I didn't really like Zeppelin when I was younger. I was into much heavier stuff back then. I've only recently learned to appreciate the sloppy genius of guitarists like Jimmy Page and Neil Young.