Heads were exploding

on Twitter tonight as President Trump was reinstated.

Elon is the real deal. Not because Trump was reinstated. That's neither here nor there since Trump said he is sticking to Truth Social. But it's because there are huge downsides for Elon personally and for his companies. But he stuck to his guns about free speech. It is very rare in life to come across someone as rich and powerful who is authentic.

Plus it doesn't hurt that Elon understands marketing

And the funny thing is, Musk isn’t even a conservative, he just thinks they shouldn’t be systemically censored. And because of that, the left hates him.

One of the clearest divides between the political Right and Left is that one wants Free Speech and the other wants Censorship.

Which side are you on?
  • Vogel
  • 11-20-2022, 06:15 AM
Trump wants free speech? That is laughable.Trump exploited every dark division and base impulse he could find. He would rather blow up our democracy than admit he’s a loser, and that makes him a traitor.
Trump wants free speech? That is laughable.Trump exploited every dark division and base impulse he could find. He would rather blow up our democracy than admit he’s a loser, and that makes him a traitor. Originally Posted by Vogel
Yep. As president of the United States, he tried to discredit the media on a daily basis, simply because they told the truth about him. Considering that he's the top agent of the government, it was against the spirit of the 1st amendment. The 1st amendment on the other hand, does not compel private companies to allow their customers to say whatever they want on their platforms. Musk now owns the company, so he can do what he wants, but at the moment it seems that he's running it into the ground.
Trump wants free speech? Originally Posted by Vogel
Do you understand what free speech is?

Because by your post, it seems you are confused as to what free speech is. Trump and conservatives support free speech. The only people supporting censorship and the crazy ass libs. And thankfully Elon Muck supports free speech and he now owns the social media platform that is the de facto public square and he is working to liberate it from the crazy ass biased lib censors that were there before.

But go ahead, try and prove me wrong and give me concrete examples of how Trump tried to suppress free speech. I will wait
Glenn Greenwald, my favorite liberal, exposing the leftist frauds:

Here's the leftist president of Mexico, praising the un-banning of Trump.

It's vital to remember: Trump's banning by Twitter and FB was condemned by leaders all over the world. Only US liberals and corporate journalists - the epicenter of censorship - cheered it.

Beyond AMLO, numerous leaders who disliked Trump - including Germany's Anglea Merkel and France's Macron, along with EU officials - warned of the grave threats to democracy when Big Tech oligarchs can ban elected leaders like Trump from being heard.

Sometimes it's easy to forget how authoritarian US liberals and their journalist allies are because they always herald themselves as the vanguard against fascism. But they are global rogue actors. Here's AMLO eloquently explaining how dangerous they are:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1348748206159654913

Over on Mastodon - the obscure refuge to which liberal journalists are fleeing in fear of free speech even though they can't figure it out - they're already banning each other over the most trivial infractions.

It's like a laboratory to study how censorship-happy rats behave.

These are the deeply neurotic, obviously unwell, vehemently intolerant left-liberal functionaries who - with scam "disinformation experts" and activist groups - have been controlling our discourse, dictating who can and can't be heard. The meltdown is because they lost this power
Yep. As president of the United States, he tried to discredit the media on a daily basis, simply because they told the truth about him. Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh
Seems to me that nearly every network spread the collusion story, that turned out to be complete horseshit, for years, and President Trump’s discrediting of them was totally justifiable. If every “journalist” that put up false stories on Twitter got banned, there’d be nobody left. Actually, that would be a good thing.
Even the lefts own Nate Silver seems to appreciate Elon Musk allowing Free Speech on Twitter

Nate Silver - Mastodon seems like a honeytrap for hall-monitor personality types. Honestly if Elon gets all the hall monitors to migrate to Mastodon that might be his greatest contribution toward the betterment of humanity.
I have been drinking some liberal Twitter tears myself to celebrate
Seems to me that nearly every network spread the collusion story, that turned out to be complete horseshit, for years, and President Trump’s discrediting of them was totally justifiable. If every “journalist” that put up false stories on Twitter got banned, there’d be nobody left. Actually, that would be a good thing. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Spread the collusion story? They reported on the proceedings. That's not putting up a false story. Funny how out of all the media, he never tried to discredit Fox until they finally reported something bad about him. He only tried to discredit media when they told the obvious pathetic truths about him.

Early on in covid, at a time when the case fatality rate was around 3%, and people were rightfully afraid, I vividly remember this from a press conference:

Reporter: "What do you have to say to the American people who are afraid?"

Trump: "That's a nasty question."

Far from nasty, it was a softball question. Right down the middle. A chance to hit a home run. Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter... all would have had something good to say to that. Trump doesn't respect the first amendment. As president he routinely tried to discredit the media like it was his job.
I have been drinking some liberal Twitter tears myself to celebrate Originally Posted by AmishGangster
Those liberal Twitter tears have been overflowing
Every single day Elon Musk is bringing back people to this platform who have been wrongfully silenced. It is really refreshing to finally see free speech valued by someone in big tech.

And Twitter is doing better than before, with the highest daily user counts. Guess all those crazy libs who said they would leave when Elon took over lied
Get ready for more delicious liberal tears flowing from those ill-informed deranged leftists who can't handle the truth

Elon Musk: It is shocking how many journalists viscously attack free speech, but somehow think they’re the good guys!
LOL

OMG this explains a lot - Found in closet at Twitter HQ

https://twitter.com/i/status/1595250835096621057
Elon Musk confirms everything conservatives were saying for years about twitter is true. That is why the liberal ruling class is so pissed. The scam is over.