Josh Hamilton

Four home runs (center field shots!) and a double in one game. That might have been the single greatest game by any player, ever. Rangers' fans, these are great times we are living in....
Ham-Bone went Berzerk last night! It was fun to watch!
Big debate over whether to get him signed to a long-term contract or let him go into free agency. The way he's playing, it's a no-brainer. Unfortunately, it might be too late.
Hats off to Big Boy Josh!!! Someone buy him a drink!
Big debate over whether to get him signed to a long-term contract or let him go into free agency. The way he's playing, it's a no-brainer. Unfortunately, it might be too late. Originally Posted by trynagetlaid
True!!!!! These guys always play out of their mind when its "Contract Year" lol
  • Jaci
  • 05-09-2012, 09:22 AM
I would do him for free all day everyday!!!!!

Wooooohoooo,, GO RANGERS...
Kisses,Jaci
True!!!!! These guys always play out of their mind when its "Contract Year" lol Originally Posted by Raider Power
It won't happen, but if he keeps up the pace he's on right now, he's looking at 70-plus home runs and almost 200 RBI's this season.

Shit, look at what Pujols got and he can barely catch.....

Daniels will find a way to keep Hamilton here....it will probably cost him $140 to $160mm for the next 6 years but I bet it happens.
Fortunately for the Rangers Josh wants to stay here. He has a support system in place and in his current mind set that is most important to him. That will allow the Rangers to sign him to something more Ranger friendly than a Pujols type contract.

Some great facts about Josh's feat:

There have been less 4 HR games than Perfect games pitched.

Only 2 of the top 20 HR hitters of all time have hit 4 HR in a game, Willie Mays and Mike Schmidt.

Only one player has more total bases in a game. Shawn Greene had 19 for the Dodgers in 6 AB (4 HR, 2B and 1B).
Josh is a phenom, the Rangers do have a knack of NOT signing the right players (Kinsler being the exception) they let Pudge go, they may just let Hamilton go also.....I didn't go to a Rangers game for a year after Pudge.

I love the Rangers and I trust Nolan to do the right thing for the team....but he sure is good....
  • Lanny
  • 05-09-2012, 07:55 PM
...I am all but convinced that this is his Ranger Farewell Season...and before ya start hoopn and hollern and gnashn teeth, I am a HUGE Ranger Fan...BUT, I also know how the BIG picture works...Think of all this....a number of players in the next year or two are up for contracts, and everyone is gonna merit a raise...and for some, a SUBSTANTIAL one...Elvis is playing his way into elite SS status, he is looking more and more like 2nd coming of Jeter AND he is arbitration eligible in next couple years...Napoli is only signed thru this year...Cruz is coming up after this year....You cant keep everyone.....ALSO consider the EXTRA risks that Hamilton comes with...First, even though he is 31....He is quite possibly a VERY old 31 because of Substance abuse....AND, speaking of Sub Abuse...he is always going to be a ticking time bomb to some extent...These two factors, I believe, are why the Rangers are going to be Very Hesitant to offer TOP money for a long term deal with Josh....Couple with the INCREDIBLE season He has started off to....I believe some team(s) (Yanks AND BOSOX) is going to offer him Crazy $$$ that he wont be able to turn down AND the Rangers simply wont match....

I hope Im wrong....But Im afraid Im not gonna be....

Lets Go RANGERS......

P. S. - Virtually ALL of Josh's support system left when Johnny Narron took the Hitting Instructor Job with Brewers...Lost a Lifetime Family Friend/Supportor... AND you must factor in, this is quite possibly Josh's LAST chance to cash in on a LIFETIME Mutli Million $$$ contract....Cant really blame him for going to highest bidder
Let's see if he can play more than 140 games. He has immense talent but he is fragile.
Hats off to Big Boy Josh!!! Someone buy him a drink! Originally Posted by Shep3.0
or not

I think the Rangers are far better this year than the past 2, it has to happen this year
It won't happen, but if he keeps up the pace he's on right now, he's looking at 70-plus home runs and almost 200 RBI's this season.

Shit, look at what Pujols got and he can barely catch.....

Daniels will find a way to keep Hamilton here....it will probably cost him $140 to $160mm for the next 6 years but I bet it happens. Originally Posted by timpage
Why in the hell would Hamilton take that kind of chump change? He's getting 8 years for $200 or $225. Maybe more. Maybe a lot more.

And the Rangers won't open pay market value for him or any other player that came up through their organization (for reasons I don't understand). They somehow thing that they are entitled a discount from any player currently on their roster. Which is complete bullshit. Let's say Hamilton has a huge injury this year. Is Texas going to pay him 40% more than he's worth in the open market just because he has player here in the past? Hell no!! Not in a million years. They want to discount to go one way, but will never pay anybody already here more than they can elsewhere. Hamilton should leave town quicker than a cat can lick his ass and tell the Rangers that they had their chance but the price of poker went up.
Why in the hell would Hamilton take that kind of chump change? Originally Posted by TexTushHog
For reasons you cannot possibly fathom.

He is very religious.

He has friends in the organization who actively attempt to support him and his "demons".

He has a comfort level with playing in Texas that wouldn't go over nearly as well say in NY, Boston, LA, etc., which would be the potential suitors to a contract that big.

Again, reasons you just can't fathom.
I think that's bullshit. His recent statements indicate he's not cutting the team any slack. It could be negotiations tactics, but if he's just going to cave in and give up his leverage and sell out the union, why bother to negotiate at all? Just take whatever the club offers.