Double-Booked

• jeydd
  • 11-04-2014, 10:48 PM
I got double-booked by one of DFW's ATF yesterday. I showed up for my appointment and was informed that she had scheduled someone else, she said sorry and closed the door. No big deal, I did expect a text or a call trying to explain what happened, but nothing. This provider has been great in the past, but in the last 2 months she canceled on me once, and then this.

How should I handle this guys? I've been seeing her about twice a month and expected a little consideration, or to be on the other end of the double-book! Am I Wrong?

Pissed Off
Moved to correct forum
How should I handle this guys? I've been seeing her about twice a month and expected a little consideration, or to be on the other end of the double-book! Am I Wrong? Originally Posted by jeydd
Either name the lady, or quit your bitchin, put on your big boy pants and go find another ATF. It happens...no point to an informational post that has NO information.
Find a new ATF
Kinda sucks being Plan B, doesn't it?

Maybe you shoulda offered a MFM session...

She was honest with you why she couldn't see you. But inconsiderate to not tell you before you got there. I would tell us who she is so that when us guys try to see her, we can ask her what are chances are. And if she says 50/50...well...time for OUR Plan B.
She knows you will keep coming back so she is taking you for granted. Don't reward those kind of actions and find someone else. If it was me, she would never see another dime from me. It is time to name her so others can take her actions in to consideration before deciding whether to see her.
if this was the second time in 2 months read between the lines. You are not HER AFT and she really doesn't want or deserve your business. Give us her name or not, we are all here and realize this is a business. Would you go to a dry cleaner who did that to you?
"No big deal"? This is a big fucking deal!

This is what NSNCs are for. You would be doing the girl a favor if you just include her name with the facts. If she expects to do well here she needs to take care of business. You don't turn a client away if you don't want to see him, you don't make the appointment in the first place.
I showed up for my appointment and was informed that she had scheduled someone else, she said sorry and closed the door. Originally Posted by jeydd

This sounds cuckoo! There's no way a lady with a good regular just books someone else and OPENS THE DOOR TO TELL THE REGULAR! LOL!

I sense that some detail is missing....

....were you quite late for the appointment? (as in her side being: "Sorry, but you were so late and your phone went to voice mail so I gave up on you and booked someone else.")

....were you namby pamby about the time you'd arrive? e.g. "I'll be there after my business meeting, around lunch time."

....otherwise I'm sorry to say that she is just really fed up with you and hoping you'll read between the lines.

(Maybe you've been overstaying your time and she's too nice to tell you to skedaddle?)
She might be your ATF.. but it sounds like you are her ATM.
You need to name her so the rest of us can make an informed decision on whether we want to see her. That's the reason the board exists.

Personally, I'm very busy with work most of the time and have very limited hobby opportunities. So I have zero tolerance for people who aren't organized or don't respect my time. Someone who is retired, might put up with that sort of think if other factors (looks, service, low price, etc.) offset that sort of thing.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the point of this website was to exchange information and not withhold it when situations like this arise? If you're pissed of an just wanna make vague comments then Twitter is the perfect place to do that, not an info board. You should just name who it is so others can know when it comes to making decisions. While I now only personally see 1 provider by choice, if I ever decided to venture out and see someone new, this type of info is helpful. And if she is one of the top providers in the area, I am 99% sure she didn't double-book on purpose, and leaving out info points to more to the story.
Get her to post taint photos and all will be good ...
I showed up for my appointment and was informed that she had scheduled someone else, she said sorry and closed the door.

Pissed Off Originally Posted by jeydd
Stripping out all of your comment except for what I quoted, if you saw someone else that had this experience what would you say?
Out her first and foremost then kick her booty to the curb.