Photo Lesson of the Day

• OFF
  • 06-04-2010, 07:57 AM
I have seen a number of threads where ladies have asked about having their photos done. They will ask, "Who should I use ... or say ... please give me suggestions, etc."
I came across I set of pics that I thought were kind of cool which didn't require a phenomenal background or anything to accomplish their effect.

Here is the first set that the photographer shot portrait style.
They are not very creative and quite honestly look a lot like many of the photos presented here on this Board (no offense intended).

However, when he (she), the photographer, turned to landscape photos for some reason he became much more creative and provocative.
Same setting, nothing fancy, good lighting and creative poses. Amazing difference.

Same lady, same setting ... Looking at them, which group would you choose? I can tell you which set 99% of the guys would choose.

Just as we guys talk about doing research in determining who to see, let me encourage you to research pictures and determine the types of poses you want or should use. Find creative poses done by ladies with your body type.

Different body styles, different poses.

As demonstrated by these two set of pics, with a little creativity, the outcome can be dramatic.

OFF :-)
Great post OFF.......good advice.
Well ,not sure about the photographer. I like the chick, its obviuos in both sets she doesn't have to take a date rape drug to masterbate, both sets work for me...Mighty fine, but I am blind in one eye and i can't see out of the other.
Great post OFF.......good advice. Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
+1

I can tell you which set 99% of the guys would choose. Originally Posted by OFF
Yep... the second set.

Every time a lady posts asking what kind of pics she should take, etc., I alway say the same thing and I am going to repeat it here...

COVER ALL THE BASES!!!

What I mean by that is... some men are leg men, some men are ass men, some men are boob men, etc.

So when taking pics, make sure you take pics that will satisfy all men.

For the record, I consider myself an everything man. I look at the whole package because, IMHO, most times, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. But I will admit that I am a little more partial to the ass.

netman
Yeah, I don't care much for backgrounds. I just want to see ass shots and cooters.
If its a starfish shot please zoom in and forget about the landscape..I can spot a tight starfish as opposed to one that feels like throwing a hotdog down a hallway..
actually the 1st has the only shot showing a landing strip- that's informative. I wish that instead of/in addition to the sultry pout, more women showed a smile, like she does in both sets.
And no "in the bathroom shots" standing in front of the sink mirror. Turn off also to see an open or any toilet in the shot, plus a cluttered bathroom in the background.
Hey... Im actually having my photoshoot done on Sat and was wondering, What would you guys like to see? As In Outfits... Poses... Nude/Semi Nude...???
Need a little bit of a mans advise ;-)
  • OFF
  • 06-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Be sure to find an outfit that you look good in (brings out you skin colors and tones rather than making you look drab). A very common mistake is choosing an outfit that "looks good" or that you like but which does not look good on you. Same concept with colors. Your favorite color may not do you any favors in your pictures because its coloring is wrong for you ... if so it will make your skin look lifeless.

Find someone who has a "color wheel" and learn what colors best suit your skin color. As an example ... I have winter coloring so I look best in black, white, bright red or dark blues ... I look pitiful in beiges, light green and a bikini!

• JRush
  • 06-08-2010, 09:35 PM
As a photographer, I try to tell my ladies, It's about the girl, not the background. A client will not refuse to see you if he doesn't like the setting or if the same background was used by another provider. If you look like the one for him, he won't even notice the color of the bed. A professional photographer should make YOU look your best, the setting is secondary.
What JRush said above is very true..however, it the shot is not framed well or is out of focus or there is distracting clutter, the photograph looses some value.

A good photographer knows how to accentuate the best features of the subject. Making the woman feel comfortable and sexy is very important.
  • OFF
  • 06-09-2010, 09:56 AM
As a photographer, I try to tell my ladies, It's about the girl, not the background. A client will not refuse to see you if he doesn't like the setting or if the same background was used by another provider. If you look like the one for him, he won't even notice the color of the bed. A professional photographer should make YOU look your best, the setting is secondary. Originally Posted by JRush
I am not certain I agree with you to some extent. In the hobby, it is about the girl, but creative well done photos attract the eye and can help create an illusion. That is why many of the guys cry "foul" when a lady uses old or fake pics because they have begun to fantasize and then expect what they saw in the pics.

By providing a creative background and shots a lady can definitely enhance her chances of seeing more men. That said proper posing for a ladies body types and simple things such as posture and arching the back can go along way toward improving the appearance of a photo.

All photography, including here, is subjective. Many would prefer full body "mug shots" from all angles with associated head shots holding a placard listing the menu.

But, if you enjoy the photograph as well as they lady then, in my opinion at least, the setting, background, crop and context are important.

Would someone refuse to see a lady because her photos had imaginative context?

As for me, the red-eye, noisy, compression artifact laden shots so many use are unattractive, but if they are hot enough and the rates are right, it doesn't matter to their business. But, the way the present themselves may (should) matter a lot to them.

Thanks for posting OFF, a great point, elegantly made.

Regards,
  • JRush
  • 06-09-2010, 09:33 PM
I'm not in disagreement with any of you. I hope I didn't downplay the importance of set design, lighting, posing, etc. etc. If any of you have ever attended my workshops, you know that I take great pains in creating top notch sets that rival Playboy and teach the importance of the proper pose for the body style, the use of accent and hair lights, and I will NEVER use fake digital backgrounds. My point was, if a photographer does his job well, the lady will get that "wow" from the viewer, unaware at first that many behind-the-scene factors came together to get that wow.

I once had a customer who showed me a shot of a fellow provider and said "Isn't that background great?" I said yes it is, then I turned the photograph over and asked her a few simple questions like "what color is her hair?" and "Did you like her shoes?" (her feet were not in the pic.). After she felt foolish for not really seeing the girl in the photo, I asked if she wanted her clients to go gaga over her or the background. I made my point. It was a classic example of the background overwhelming the subject.

Having said that, I always stress the importance of professional photos. It shows she has class and wants to present herself accordingly.