dSM - Prevention

FYI
John/Jane Q Law out and about as evident on some "inmate listing" .
a verified provider looked at informed me as well about it and did the usual snooping around.

Play it safe, looks like they are going after the hobbyists first.
All felonies is what I see. This is something more than a routine roundup.

710A.2A SOLICIT COMMERCIAL SEXUAL ACTIVITY

710A.2A Solicitation of commercial sexual activity.
A person shall not entice, coerce, or recruit, or attempt to entice, coerce, or recruit, either a person who is under the age of eighteen or a law enforcement officer or agent who is representing that the officer or agent is under the age of eighteen, to engage in a commercial sexual activity. A person who violates this section commits a class “D” felony.
It probably is exactly like the 'routine roundup' but they've found a way to enhance it. Everything you'd assume about a sting, but then the LEO says something like "i'm actually only 16, is that a problem?" and anyone too stupid to GTFO at that point gets what they have coming.
It hit the news. On the surface without knowing more, I'm not opposed to what happened. Actually I'd prefer they concentrate on things like this.
Could you post or send me a link to the article please.
Could you post or send me a link to the article please. Originally Posted by Sparky1970

staff edit link removed - UC
It hit the news. On the surface without knowing more, I'm not opposed to what happened. Actually I'd prefer they concentrate on things like this. Originally Posted by Golfer1

Agree.
Yep. Sounds like it went down like I predicted above.

This is exactly how they should be going about things like this. Not just victimless crimes between adults. And not like they played it close like "btw, actually i'm not quite 18 yet" and someone went ahead thinking "she" was 17 (which is still an incredibly bad idea, but at least theyre over the age of consent), 14 is clearly fucked up even if no money were involved and I can't feel bad for anyone who didn't drop contact.
Ok, technically what most of us are doing is legally wrong, but what these individuals attempted to do is just morally wrong.
Closing thread.
Yes a sting, targeting low hanging fruit.
But, in an abundance of caution, link in post 6 pulled and closing the thread as ongoing discussion could inadvertently out board members.