Should Sex Work Be Legal?

would kinda take some of the fun out of it
like full tan vs tan lines

can I think about it and get back
Yes.
More specifically, it should be decriminalized. Any form of 'tax and regulate' or the Nevada model would make things worse.
Oh, and I've had a few hooks say that would be bad as it could drive prices down. I disagree with that thought though. I don't think it would effect the market much but it would be safer for all.
Do I believe Sex work should be de-criminalized and viewed as a legitimate Business enterprise like it was 70 to 100 Years ago (depending upon where you were standing at the time) Yes. Do I expect to see some form of this reappear in the United States in the next 20 Years (other than Nevada). I believe there is a very good chance of that. So far we have gone through the cycle of Banning Alcohol to making it Legal again, Banning Gambling to making it Legal again and Banning lower level or "Gateway" Narcotics to making them legal for either Medical or Recreational use.

It only stands to reason the next thing to go from being Banned to Legal would be Sex Work. I would expect this to start at the local or State level as they continue to look for new ways to fill the Tax coffers. A precedent for this has already been set by the use of "Tribal Land" for Gaming operations. By way of the excuse that they are "Sovereign Nations" and not subject to local, State or Federal Laws. Following this model someone could conceivably setup a legal Brothel on the same land. As long as they followed the same type of business model (i.e. the state is a "silent partner" and gets a chunk of the revenue). They would also most likely have to follow the Nevada Regulations for Brothel operation (minimal advertising (apparently Websites, Flyers and word of Mouth is ok, but no Radio, Newspaper or TV), must be in a low population area, the Girls must also be "Licensed (as well as the Brothel itself)", undergo periodic Medical checkups and use condoms).
Yes it should be.
YES
It should be legally considered as therapy.
The black market provides a boost for those lookin to step outta line
It should be legally considered as therapy. Originally Posted by Helixur
now that for sure is wrong

yes we are all nuts being here
but do ya want state yes I'm legally nuts, P4P keeps me out of the R wing and or jail.
Just so ya can claim sex on your health care's dime. When government is or plays with Health Care.
Sex work should definitely be legal--or, at the very least, decriminalized. I can think of no other situation in which an otherwise legal activity between consenting adults is made illegal simply because money changes hands.

I have very little hope, however, of lawmakers having any reasonable discussion of the issue, let alone actually taking reasonable action. That's because most of them crave the support--financial and otherwise--of the moralists. Plus, the waters have been muddied by talk of trafficking.

In my opinion, the best chance for legalization is with the courts. That's how it happened in Canada, although the ridiculous C36 law has thrown a wrench in the works for the time being.
We need decriminalization not legalization.
We need decriminalization not legalization. Originally Posted by bustybabygirl
Agreed. It should be legal in theory, but decrim would be the most reasonable and less intrusive of the options.