Bourbon Street Fun

I have a training session next week and will be checking out Bourbon Street Thursday night after dinner.

What restaurant do you recommend?

What are some good bars/clubs to check out on Bourbon Street? I'll be alone so hoping to meet a cute young lady to bring back to the hotel.
I like the Red Fish Grill. Also, there is the Palace Cafe on Canal Street, a stone's throw from Bourbon Street.

Check out Pat O'Briens bar when you are down here.

Good luck.
There are so many great restaurants in the French Quarter. Is there anything inparticular you were looking for?

As far as Bourbon Street, just browse and go to the places that grab your attention. Have fun!
Mr Bs is the best! The pork chops (or lamp chops?) come covered in a potato gravy that is just sinful.

But for dessert, if your looking for classic bread pudding (and I think I've had them all) Lukes has the crunchiest, creamiest, and most flavorful.

Overall, I'd take Frenchman over Bourbon anyday, just my opinion
I second DaniellaDviante's comments
My suggestion, get away from Bourbon St and treat yourself to Drago's for some of the best damn oysters you will ever put in your mouth. Drago's is right across the street from Harrahs next to the Hilton.
Asking for a restaurant recommendation in New Orleans will always start an argument! lol

I like Bayona's. (It's on Dauphine, I think - too lazy to look it up.)
GW Fin's has excellent upscale seafood - on either Iberville or Bienville.
Mr B's is good - their Gumbo Ya Ya is one of my favorites.
Drago's is the best for charbroiled oysters

And the list goes on and on...
I love Fiorella's for some damn good fried chicken!

{they are down by the market}

have fun!
Asking for a restaurant recommendation in New Orleans will always start an argument! lol Originally Posted by stavinChain
Never a truer statement has been said.
Luke
Cochon
Mr. B's
Drago's
Mila

Can't go wrong with any of these!
Looks like I have plenty of restaurants to choose from. How about best place to pick up a chick on a Thurs night?
Sylvain - My favorite! The bartenders are insane! They are also open for brunch which is so good!
http://www.sylvainnola.com

Root - This is a brand new place and it is AMAZING!!!!!! They are open until 2am on Friday and Saturday.
http://rootnola.com

Cochan - I frequent this place far to often. Because its stumbling distance from my house. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. AND they have homemade flavored moonshine. ENOUGH SAID!

The best place to pick up a chick on a Thursday night?
Republic - Ladies drink for free. Not sure of your age but the Republic crowd goes from 23 - mid/late 30's ish.....

The Gold Mine is also a fun bar to pick up. Not speaking from experience at all!

Have fun!
Thanks for the suggestions Andrea! I'll definitely check out Republic and Gold Mine. I'm in my early 30s but prefer girls in 20s. Thanks!!!!!
  • JS42
  • 07-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Mr Bs is the best! The pork chops (or lamp chops?) come covered in a potato gravy that is just sinful. Originally Posted by DaniellaDViante

That sounds awesome! Will have to check it out next month while I'm in Nola. Is the place on Frenchmen St?