Accommodation suggestions?

I'm going to throw this out there for those mainly in the FL Panhandle region. With Spring Break in full force, I've noticed almost all hotels have taken to gouging their prices. I want to see a local provider, but neither of us can host. I've used some low end hotels at less than $50 for the room, but even these places want nearly double the rate. I don't even want to know what some of the more up-scale hotels are charging. I even checked Hotwire and the best they can come up with is $68. Does anyone have any suggestions on where we can go for around $50?
Out of curiosity myself, just did a search on Priceline. They offer reservations, in addition to the Name Your Price that Capt Kirk made famous.

Places away from the beach seem to be still bargain priced. Not sure where you're looking, but places like North Pensacola, Milton, Crestview, DeFuniak, Marianna might be your friend. Downtown Panama City seems to be fairly expensive.

Of course if you're trying to show a lady a good time at the beach, this might defeat your purpose.

Just throwing something out there. Also check www.biddingfortravel.com
for tips about bidding on Priceline.
Cpal,

I'm not sure what their current rates are but the Howard Jonson on 23rd St. usually has rates at $50 . Its not upscale but not a roach motel either. Several provider that I've meet have used it and I suggested it to a few in the past. The only thing I don't like about it is the door are on the outside but I usually make my appointments towards the evening anyways.
Id recommend near the airport on airport blvd nice area but not wayyy to expensive.middle of the line pricing
http://bookit.com/

good luck babe!
Rabbit, don't mind the outside doors.

Dallas, thanks. I'll check them out.