Relationships with hobbyist /providers

I caught wind that a fellow hobbyist may be marrying a provider soon. Which made me think to ask how many providers would consider getting serious with a hobbyist on that level? Would you quit the industry? And what qualifications would he have to meet? Also how many hobbyist would get serious with a provider? Lets make this fun.
My. 02 to start off-I love hobbying if I wanted to get serious I'd be in match.com instead.
Was he filthy rich? Lol
Nah average income which was surprising
I used to have a strong relationship with 2 providers. One of them until now try to communicate with me. In my experience, it is a kind of trouble and bad experience. Be away of this kind of relation. Just have a good friend and nothing serious that leads to become married or bf with exception sometimes.
Relationships can happen anywhere, even here. And, they can be happy ever after. But, the olds are long and slim. Especialy with all the baggage both sides bring with them. Above all, don't go looking for it here. If it happens despite everything, then be happy while it lasts. Everyone in the hobby has some issue(s) or they would not be here. No matter how much people try to rationalize it, they have issues small or large. Given how hard it is to develop a relationship in the non-hobby world, what do you really expect here?

Rememer, Pretty Woman was a fictional movie.
Nah average income which was surprising Originally Posted by jerkn2u
I guess true love has no price tag.
I have actually given this topic serious thought. I had a provider recently express interest in me, but seemed to think because of what she did she had no shot. I admit it took me by suprise but i see no issue with getting to know someone a little better outside the hobby if you seem to click. It would definitely be a long shot but taking someone out to get to know them better would not be a big deal so i probably will. This is assuming the interest was not a line.

I think a relationship between a provider and hobbyist is just as likely to work as a real world one. Comes down to acceptance of one another as they are. I would consider it disrespectful though to push that agenda with them if they show no interest. This is thier business and it is thier job to make me like them. If the provider likes the hobbyist though i see no problem with her going for it as long as if she is rejected she backs off.

I personally would not let the hobby get in the way of a relationship with someone great but finding love should not be a reason to hobby.
Not one but several of my top provider interests historically have now gone on to (what I understand are) still successful relationships, with others I hasten to add -- so it happens. No relationships are easy and I agree with those who've said it may be even more difficult coming from out of this context, but feelings are feelings and crossovers from business to love are possible. The Pretty Women scenario may be the outlier but it's on the curve (and possibly just a degree or two different from many non-hobby relationships in any event).