Reputable tattoo shop in Dallas

• Oppa
  • 01-09-2012, 11:52 AM
First, let me say I'm not looking for FW references. If I want to drive to FW, I already know where to go.

I'm looking to get some touch up work done, including an enhancement on one and possibly two. Nothing major, but one will take some skill.

Suggestions?
  • Oppa
  • 01-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Thanks Adonis. That location is very convenient for me as well.

Any particular artists that you would recommend?
You can also try Living Canvas in Lewisville
Me personally I go to Saint and Sinners in the Bishop Arts District. I usually see Ejay, but everyone's work I have seen there is pretty reputable.

They usually charge per hour I believe $150 per hour, unfortunately I couldn't find a website address but their contact information is below:

408 W Davis St
Dallas, TX 75208
(214) 946-1330

Now there is another place that I have visited but have yet to recieve any work there and that is Obscurities off of Cedar Springs. The shop is really clean and everyone I have spoke to briefly is very knowledgeable and professional.

http://www.obscurities.com/
  • Oppa
  • 01-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Thanks guys. A lot of great options nearby.
Oliver is the best if he's in but anyone there is top shelf.

Now there is another place that I have visited but have yet to recieve any work there and that is Obscurities off of Cedar Springs. The shop is really clean and everyone I have spoke to briefly is very knowledgeable and professional.

http://www.obscurities.com/ Originally Posted by Great White Buffalo

It's consistently voted as one of Dallas' best tat shops almost every year.

One of the guys over there was really nice and stayed open later than usual to help me with replacement jewelry for my piercings.

I've also considered having both of my tats retouched because some of the colors have faded over time. Just have to find the right person to do it.

• Oppa
  • 01-10-2012, 12:53 PM
I've also considered having both of my tats retouched because some of the colors have faded over time. Just have to find the right person to do it.

It definitely gives them a fresh look. One of them I had done in 1999 I had retouched in 2004 and it's time to get it done again. Another I had done about 5 years ago and it's faded somewhat (mostly from the sun) so it could use it as well. I'm itching to get something new but I need to take care of the ones I already have first.
  • Oppa
  • 01-11-2012, 08:07 AM
JPdM, if that happened, I would go broke displaying my new parlour trick to all of the local AMP girls lol.

Seriously, though, you have to be careful....not every place is as sanitary as others, much like the hobby.
I recommend Hold Fast Tattoo

Safire Sweet
I recommend Hold Fast Tattoo

Safire Sweet Originally Posted by safire_sweet

It's interesting you mention them. They're the ones who recommended I go to Obscurities for my body jewelry and the colors I need to retouch my artwork since they didn't have the specific necessities to accomplish it. Guess they were short on supplies and a qualified person at the time. It's ok though because I know where to go now but my preference isn't Hold Fast.

There's so many shops in Dallas, it's not easy to decide which one. Good luck, 7th!

• Oppa
  • 01-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Thanks Shea. Right now I'm leaning toward Obscurities due to location and reputation. Probably going this weekend and will report back.
Isn't there a tattoo shop next to 7th Heaven? I don't know if it's any good though.