I need some advise (DRAMA ALERT) Please don't slam me too bad. I really need advise about how to handle this.

A would-be potential client forwarded this link and asked if I was under investigation.
http://www.potentialprostitutes.com/972-467-5932 I have had absolutely no problems with LE. I have NEVER been arrested for prostitution or even questioned regarding my work status. Since anybody can submit a potential "offender" anonymously, How can they charge an "offender" $100.00 to have it removed, and what's to keep the crazypsychostalkerbitchfromhel l , who has dedicated her life to putting me out of business making causing me problems. from reposting it. There must be some way to verify who posted the complaint. I have an harrassment charge filed already on the person who I believe is responsible. She was also responsible for having my car stolen, though I can't prove it (other than a text msg, or it might have been a voice msg from her telling me that I was going to find out how it feels to have my car stolen) blah, blah, blah,The story with this completely delusional psycho is a long one.
Can any of you offer any advise about how to handle this? Or does the crazy bitch get to succeed in putting me out of business? She's already succeeded in leaving me without transportation and I won't be able to pay my rent on the first. I can't pay the $100 to remove the post. I'm so broke now, that I can't even buy food. This crazy lady has been harrassing me for three years and I've never done anything to this woman who is convinced that I'm a transexual whore with std's and a home-wrecker who is fucking her man. None of that is true, of course. Including fucking her man, who's also a nutcase. I was friends with him years ago, but not ever a physical relationship.
I know, that's a whole lot of drama, but that's what I'm dealing with, and don't know what to do about it.

CAN ANYBODY OUT THERE HELP ME DECIDE HOW TO HANDLE THIS?
Thanks,
Mel
Whoa! If you go to the home page and search using Dallas, Texas. A whole bunch of familiar faces show up.

The site looks like a scam to make money for the web site owners. Its not even clear that they will remove a person if the payment is made. It sucks, but for now, the best you can do without paying is to change your handle and phone number. When you are able, you might contact the website, tell them that there is some kind of mistake and suggest that they remove your picture before you move toward legal action.

You may also want to search the owner of the URL (the website name) by using www.whois.com.
There are a few other things you can do but they will require some money.

It sucks that your holiday picture is posted, but you can remove the picture from your pages and move on untill you are in a better position to handle it.

Stay calm.....and move on. Its BS that someone is messing with you. Ignore it as best you can and move on.
Sweet heart i have gotten that text about it is a scam and dont believe at all. They want yo to pay money to get you off a list that doesnt exist. Just Ignore it
A would-be potential client forwarded this link and asked if I was under investigation.
http://www.potentialprostitutes.com/972-467-5932 I have had absolutely no problems with LE. I have NEVER been arrested for prostitution or even questioned regarding my work status. Since anybody can submit a potential "offender" anonymously, How can they charge an "offender" $100.00 to have it removed, and what's to keep the crazypsychostalkerbitchfromhel l , who has dedicated her life to putting me out of business making causing me problems. from reposting it. There must be some way to verify who posted the complaint. I have an harrassment charge filed already on the person who I believe is responsible. She was also responsible for having my car stolen, though I can't prove it (other than a text msg, or it might have been a voice msg from her telling me that I was going to find out how it feels to have my car stolen) blah, blah, blah,The story with this completely delusional psycho is a long one.
Can any of you offer any advise about how to handle this? Or does the crazy bitch get to succeed in putting me out of business? She's already succeeded in leaving me without transportation and I won't be able to pay my rent on the first. I can't pay the $100 to remove the post. I'm so broke now, that I can't even buy food. This crazy lady has been harrassing me for three years and I've never done anything to this woman who is convinced that I'm a transexual whore with std's and a home-wrecker who is fucking her man. None of that is true, of course. Including fucking her man, who's also a nutcase. I was friends with him years ago, but not ever a physical relationship.
I know, that's a whole lot of drama, but that's what I'm dealing with, and don't know what to do about it.

Thanks,
Mel Originally Posted by SweetMelody
Easy to handle sweetheart; We'll take advantage of the cold weather, I'll open a good botltle of a 1996 Mouton Cadet, I will light up the fire place, I will have ravel's bolero in the background, and we will discuss options.

Does this sounds like a deal?

PS: Cheese Fondue before.
Sweet heart, ignore this. It does not do anything. it is a scam.

Muah
There seems to be a whole lot of nice looking women on there....
This is a scam but unfortunately, for now, it's legal. They post "rumors" on a website and offer to remove it from their site for cash. It's not libel or slander since they stick to the "potential" nonsense.

It's a gap in the law and I expect some cases ongoing now will deal with it, but it's a VERY common Internet scam.

There is one for potential prostitutes, possible cheating wives, possible "sluts", gays etc. Basically anyone with a grudge can post on these things.

There are literally tens of thousands of complaints out there right now and eventually a court case will go against these fuckers and it will stop. They hide behind the Communications Decency Act which says basically that website providers are not responsible for what others put there. Since someone else put that stuff on there, the site owners claim they are not responsible.

Til then there isn't anything you can do about it really. DO NOT pay them, there is a good chance it will just show up elsewhere and it's a never ending spiral.

If you decide to sue them know that it will take years and many thousands of dollars to crawl up through the courts to finally get it settled. I've heard that a few well heeled attorneys are working some of these cases up through the courts, so hopefully these things will be stopped soon.
It is a scam....check ladies info section for more on it
To the OP.. you're sexy thing... look at my suggestion a few posts above... let's forget these negative thoughts
This is making some mainstream attention and its not just providers being targeted

"Potential Prostitutes" site lets users label women as prostitutes, charges "removal" fees

Along with Predators Watch, a nearly-identical sister site aimed at "potential" sex predators, it's part of a growing fad for shakedowns that exploit public records, police mugshots, compromising Facebook photos and other embarrassing personal information.

"Moreover, Section 230 is not a defense to criminal charges. Extortion is a crime in many states, and a federal crime to the extent it uses interstate communication. Similarly, to the extent the site makes deliberately false statements of fact to extort money, its purveyors may have committed fraud, which is both a state and federal crime."
Yet one more reason to keep yourselves off Facebook in this business, and run a clean operation.
Easy to handle sweetheart; We'll take advantage of the cold weather, I'll open a good botltle of a 1996 Mouton Cadet, I will light up the fire place, I will have ravel's bolero in the background, and we will discuss options.

Does this sounds like a deal?

PS: Cheese Fondue before. Originally Posted by luiz7667

ooh la la, Luiz. Sounds like a winning plan to me. Give me a shout.
Thank you, EVERYONE. Sorry for the delay in responding. My internet connectioon is crappy and I'm technologically challenged.
Thanks a bunch. I feel a lot better now.
Somebody needs to call a couple of the Dallas girls and have a session with them it might be
a way of finding new talent.

Don't think nothing of this who reads that crap anyway.
].[/COLOR] I have an harrassment charge filed already on the person who I believe is responsible. She was also responsible for having my car stolen, though I can't prove it (other than a text msg, or it might have been a voice msg from her telling me that I was going to find out how it feels to have my car stolen) blah, blah, blah,The story with this completely delusional psycho is a long one.

Thanks,
Mel Originally Posted by SweetMelody;1052113911[COLOR=purple
I'm copying one of the many e-mails I got from this psycho today. I don't know what I can do to make her stop. The harrasment charge that I filed was when she only had my personal phone number. And it worked for a minute. I had about 5 whole days in a row without hearing from her after I changed my personal number and made the complaint. She now sends me a minimum of 200 e-mails a month similar to this one:
#9 - No form of private communications between members are to be posted in our forums. This includes the contents of emails, PMs, IMs, private chat logs, privately shared images, etc. This is an invasion of another's privacy and will not be allowed.
I don't even know what she's talking about. To my knowledge, there are no pictures of my privates in any public venues or my website.
What should I do? please pm me with your ideas. A lot of the mail she sends me is incoherent obscure gibberish, that I try to ignore, then my car disappears and I look back through her messages and that was her obsession for that time period. Her latest thing was that she was going to mess with my money. And I'll be damned if she's not. WTF? I've done nothing to this woman.

AND HERE IT IS NEW YEARS EVE, AND I'M HOME ALONE, GIVING THAT PSYCHO MY ATTENTION! Not at all how I want to start the new year. God, this sucks.
Seems to be a whole lot of drama.....I will stay away from this....