Is the hobby good for married couples?

Can the hobby be good for a marriage if the couple goes into the hobby together?

or can it be a disaster waiting to happen?

Are there a lot of couples that enjoy the hobby together?

My husband needs some spice excitement in our lives instead of acting like an old married couple. Talked and talked for years about this, but decided to finally walk the walk.
I believe it could go either way for a couple...however Dr. Drew and Dr. Phil would definitely advise against it! lol

Bringing a third person in the picture is risky, so be sure to lay down some ground rules and stick to them to avoid drama.

Do plenty of research on the provider, and try to book a dinner date with her so nothing is rushed and you know EXACTLY what you are getting into...

Good Luck!
One of the wonderful things about the hobby is the NSA (no strings attached) nature of the encounter...or so the legend goes. LOL

I would avoid this if either of you are uncertain about your desire to share the experience. The "strings" may end up being between you and your husband.
I see lots of couples. It can be a fun thing. I totally agree with Eva make sure you and your hubby have your ground rules established before searching for a third person and make sure who you choose is experienced with dealing with couples. Have fun!
20th Wedding Anniversary part II: http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=295818
Where can you find a woman willing to allow a second join in?
i say marriage disaster waiting to happy. it might start out as okay or just for fun....but it always leads to more. Jealousy, control, and sneaking..... Somebody will want to go back to they way it was and someone will want to go further than they are.

If you find that one....great find. Otherwise its a wishing well. Not many want to share long term and knowing your paying for it.
One answer does not fit all.....

Depends on where each person is in their life at the time. Most are not truly committed in their marriage from the start so something like this just compounds the problems they already have. If they were truly ready and committed in the beginning and their commitment has stood the test of time then something like this could work just fine.

Only the 2 in the marriage can really be honest as to whether or not it would work. But most won't be honest because they want what hey want.....
  • Trey
  • 09-26-2012, 08:46 AM
You may want to look into swinging its a bit more controlled. I think that's what you are looking for.
I would think just the opposite.....swinging is pretty much spontaneous ...and its finding the perfect couple to swing with and its much more personal....hobby ..you can pick the lady you want to use and lay down the rules and theres no drama or the other partner to satisfy..
Now if you want a MMF then the swing scene may be better for that
  • ElleJ
  • 09-26-2012, 02:14 PM
I think the beauty of providers for married couples is that they can do it as many times as they want with no strings attached.

It is the opportunity to perfect something that may not have worked so well in the past.
As one who's enjoyed the company of many married couples. The hobby lifestyle
can indeed enhance the couples relationship or it can hurt it.
It's all about *communication, honesty, willingness & openness between the couple.*

If one is *doing it for the other, yet they themselves aren't really into to it and has any sense of jealousy, or judgement. Then no. The hobby isn't going to work for a married relationship.

But if both parties are truly honest with each other and both are truly into trying something new, kinky and uninhibited. Then the hobby lifestyle can very well enhance the married relationship.

But I would suggest that IF the couple is looking to enhance their relationship.
Try a swingers club first. And from there, expand on your sexual desires by then choosing to partake of this adult hobby lifestyle and find a woman that both of ya'll are attracted to (physically & sexually) and then go explore your sexual desires beyond the norm. Remember to leave the jealously and judgment at the door!

Good luck.

Can the hobby be good for a marriage if the couple goes into the hobby together?

My husband needs some spice excitement in our lives instead of acting like an old married couple. Talked and talked for years about this, but decided to finally walk the walk. Originally Posted by redhead24355
I believe it could go either way for a couple...however Dr. Drew and Dr. Phil would definitely advise against it! lol ...

Good Luck! Originally Posted by Eva Damita
Then I would do the opposite of anything those two media whores would say!!

My husband needs some spice excitement in our lives instead of acting like an old married couple. Talked and talked for years about this, but decided to finally walk the walk. Originally Posted by redhead24355
You are priceless for considering this for your husband

Only if you are game and okay with him enjoying the company of another woman. You should be working on some basic rules to follow: are you going to participate?, are you going to allow him to see providers without you?, will you be helping your hubbie in picking out providers?.

You can see where I am going ... You do not want to get butt hurt and then take it out on your husband.