Name's in titles?

• GP
  • 11-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Are we dropping the upstate NY requirement of Name's in the titles of reviews? It has been going on for a while, and the mods used to correct it, but that has not happening as much lately. I know you mods are busy. It has been mentioned numerous times by multiple people that you guys seem to be falling behind and taking a long time to get things done. I know we all have lives, just wondering if there is a reason behind the slow down or if we are imagining things?

PS: You mods have not given me anything to bitch about in months, so I guess this is the best I can come up with LOL
I've noticed that too.
I nominate Jack for the position of permanent "Name Nazi"
It will give him something to do in his ambassadorial years.
I do agree the names need to be kept in the tilte to many of these "Nice Vist"or "Great Time". Come guys it is a easy thing to do (not talking to mods). Guys in general we should be able to handle that part our selves of putting names on our reviews!!!
  • GP
  • 11-12-2012, 02:55 PM
I do agree the names need to be kept in the tilte to many of these "Nice Vist"or "Great Time". Come guys it is a easy thing to do (not talking to mods). Guys in general we should be able to handle that part our selves of putting names on our reviews!!! Originally Posted by Vern0065
I could not agree more. Jack would be perfect for that menial task
I nominate Jack for the position of permanent "Name Nazi" Originally Posted by jokacz
I too think that a review is much more user-friendly with the name of the provider in the title, and would not mind doing "that menial task". Unfortunately, the title can be edited only by the O.P. within the hour, or by the Mods.
the title can be edited only by the O.P. within the hour, or by the Mods. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
How hard would it be to give you mod privileges?

No one would have to know.

You could just wander around anonymously fixing stuff.
  • GP
  • 11-12-2012, 06:03 PM
UH OH. BB must have read this thread. Names are magically appearing in the titles of reviews. LOL

I still say our mods are over worked or don't have enough time and Jack should be reinstated as a mod. Or would that be demoted to mod?
I still say our mods are over worked or don't have enough time and Jack should be reinstated as a mod. Or would that be demoted to mod? Originally Posted by GP
That would be a demotion and he would have to give up his gold watch! LOL
Over worked! Under Paid and GOD DAMN IT ... I'm still waiting to get laid!!!!

DD
he would have to give up his gold watch! Originally Posted by Perryay
I can't possibly give that up.

• iggy
  • 11-13-2012, 04:20 AM
there is no rule requiring an OP to put the providers name in the title of a review.

It is strictly at the OP choice how they title their reviews.
  • GP
  • 11-13-2012, 04:39 AM
Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Lol
It's just local custom and courtesy.
Think Jack and NormalBob were the original proponents.
It does make searching much easier.
It's just local custom and courtesy.
Think Jack and NormalBob were the original proponents.
It does make searching much easier. Originally Posted by jokacz

This can't be said better. I stopped doing it awhile ago, but not for any good reason. It just seemed that so many members stopped doing it that it was kind of becoming the "new norm."

I've heard from a few that they do NOT want this done to their reviews. Really? You would worry about something like that? These are only "stories," after all... and not very good ones a lot of the time. Are you worried someone might damage your chances to win my "Best of 2012" contest?
  • iggy
  • 11-13-2012, 06:53 AM
the more you tell members what they must or must not do, is the more rights you are taking away from the members.

Just my thought , but dont you have better and more important things to be doing than worry about how I choose to title a review I write ??