With God's Speed, Gentlemen!

With private enterprise and the Trump Administration ...

...the U.S. re-enters manned space travel in pursuit of Mars.

It's long over-due. NASA back in the game in a space program rather than as an educational tool for Muslim's overseas ala Obaminable!
mayhaps elon moves to texas with like prosperity and all alacrity
mayhaps elon moves to texas with like prosperity and all alacrity Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Have no fear. He will drag a bunch of progressive leftist with him who will want to turn Texas into the same liberal shithole that they just fled.
Have no fear. He will drag a bunch of progressive leftist with him who will want to turn Texas into the same liberal shithole that they just fled. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Alternatively, and hopefully, the conservatives will be the ones leaving California and realize the benefits of a strong Texas not becoming a liberal shithole.
Musk is no conservative. This is a guy spending hundreds of millions of his own money to escape global warming by going to another planet.

The Spacex/NASA special running on the nature type channels is excellent, well worth checking out if it’s on again.
Musk is no conservative. This is a guy spending hundreds of millions of his own money to escape global warming by going to another planet.

The Spacex/NASA special running on the nature type channels is excellent, well worth checking out if it’s on again.
Musk is no conservative. This is a guy spending hundreds of millions of other people's money to escape global warming by going to another planet.

The Spacex/NASA special running on the nature type channels is excellent, well worth checking out if it’s on again. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme

ftfy!
Saw about the launch on the news last night. I was surprised to learn that we had not launched our own astronauts since 2011. If I recall correctly, it had something to do with NASA being repurposed to work on studying gun control. Can't recall who was the President then, but I think it's all related somehow.
The retirement of the space shuttle was announced in Jan. 2004. By Oct. 2006, the final 17 missions were determined to complete the ISS and 1 service for the Hubble.
So to help you remember who the president was when system retirement was announced, that would have been G. W. Bush.
Didn't fox carry the story? That happened 16 years ago and you weren't aware of? Hmmmm...
Saw about the launch on the news last night. I was surprised to learn that we had not launched our own astronauts since 2011. If I recall correctly, it had something to do with NASA being repurposed to work on studying gun control. Can't recall who was the President then, but I think it's all related somehow. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
The Commercial Crew Development program is funded by the U.S. government and administrated by NASA. Like most government programs, bids were sought from private vendors. The program started in 2010.
Sorry to break it to you but the launch system didn't suddenly appear. This is just another trumpy attempt by one of our resident alternate reality "fake-storian" "authors".
With private enterprise and the Trump Administration ...

...the U.S. re-enters manned space travel in pursuit of Mars We were never out the development. The space shuttle program was never intended to go to Mars. It's main job was to carry ISS parts into orbit. It was also used to launch satellites and for research. The CCDev program's main vendors are Boeing and Spacex.
Why are you people surprised by these events? Don't your media sources cover technology? That was a trick question.
Of course they don't.

It's long over-due. NASA back in the game in a space program rather than as an educational tool for Muslim's overseas ala Obaminable! Originally Posted by LexusLover
I suppose Obama could have fixed it if he gave a shit. He said he did and a lot of trekkies believed him.
Not following your logic here.
  • Are you saying GW Bush was so smart that his predecessor didn't see a need to do anything more in space because GW already did everything?
  • Are you saying that GW Bush's predecessor already knew everything there was to know in the universe, so need need to do any more in space?
  • Are you saying that GW Bush's predecessor preferred to outsource to Russia for lifts to space.
  • Are you saying the GW Bush's predecessor was exercising his flexibility to Vlad by paying them to transport us to space?
  • Are you saying GW Bushes predecessor's predecessor figured out that maybe there actually is more things to know about the universe after all?

The retirement of the space shuttle was announced in Jan. 2004. By Oct. 2006, the final 17 missions were determined to complete the ISS and 1 service for the Hubble.
So to help you remember who the president was when system retirement was announced, that would have been G. W. Bush... Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
  • Trey
  • 05-29-2020, 01:12 AM
This whole thing had nothing to do with trump but a photo op. That failed.
Saw about the launch on the news last night. I was surprised to learn that we had not launched our own astronauts since 2011. If I recall correctly, it had something to do with NASA being repurposed to work on studying gun control. Can't recall who was the President then, but I think it's all related somehow. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
The repurpose was reflected in the new "director" and the lack of desire of the administration at the time to look UP, since that task is difficult when he had his head up Putin's ass.

Remember: Russian Collusion?
[COLOR="Blue"]
Sorry to break it to you but the launch system didn't suddenly appear. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
Did someone post that it "suddenly appeared"?

The Obaminable Administration "funded" a lot of private shit!

BTW: Let's see if this "launch" works better than Solyndra.