Movie:Rock of Ages sucks

So Tom Cruise looks damn good and plays a superb 80's hairband superstar (Think Axle Rose from Guns & Roses/Brett Michaels from Poison). He actually sings the songs. All of them do. Its like the TV show Glee in a way. That is just corny. They dont tell you that or even elude to it via trailers. All in all its worth like 8 bucks but, anymore you will probably feel disappointed. Newcomer, Julianne H is a bombshell. She was great on Dancing with the Stars but, she fits the big screen as good or better than anyone I can think of at this moment. 80's flicks are just sorta boring to begin with. Been there, done that. Yes, in Hollywood. What a filth dumphole of a city.
  • ~Ze~
  • 06-20-2012, 03:42 AM
Seriously, if you go to that movie expecting anything more than cheese you aren't allowed to make choices for yourself.....

I am looking forward to it. Gunna Pregame it and have a fucking blast singing! Taking like 10 of my friends with me too.. so we can totally get all lighters in the air and shit!

A movie that sucked for me was the new Snow White. Fucking hate they ruined it with all glamour shots that twilight bitch. She did NOT need to be in that role... I've got other reasons I hated it, but I don't wanna totally spoil it.
Haven't seen Rock of Ages. I figure I'll catch it at redbox.

On a side note, "Ted" looks like it is going to be absolutely awesome.
I was disappointed in Moonrise Kingdowm as well.

Amusing movie for the ladies out now...Hysteria.
How would you expect anything else from Tom Cruise ? He has Sucked Out Loud in everything he has done... Everything....
As far as movies.. I am looking forward to Ted...
Not sure if I agree that the trailers don't let you know it is a musical. Haven't seen, not interested in seeing it, but I know it is a musical.

On a side note, Mission Impossible was a pretty good flick for him last year. Good co-stars as well, with Jeremy Renner and Mr. Scott (whatever his name is).
All in all its worth like 8 bucks Originally Posted by RokNroll
somebody would have to pay me way more than 8 bucks to sit through that. seriously...don't tell me you spent your own money to see it.
Act of Valor is a movie that I would say is well worth seeing.....It is a true story of what takes place it the Navy that at times you may only hear about.....My hat is off for all of the individuals that make this happen on a day to day basic....

TexasCowboy
DON'T STOP BELIEVENNNNN!!!!!!!

hold on to the FEEEEEEEEEELINNNNNNGGG!

Guess who got music that was made before they were born stuck in their head? I DO!
somebody would have to pay me way more than 8 bucks to sit through that. seriously...don't tell me you spent your own money to see it. Originally Posted by Juan Pablo de Marco
Okay, seriously, I wont tell you then.
Thanks for the heads up about Rock of Ages will wait for it at redbox. Another movie that was not worth seeing was Abraham Lincoiln vampire slayer... Yes, I wasted my money.. I admit it.
Thanks for the heads up about Rock of Ages will wait for it at redbox. Another movie that was not worth seeing was Abraham Lincoiln vampire slayer... Yes, I wasted my money.. I admit it. Originally Posted by Satamo

*gasp!* I was realy looking forward to that movie!! Guess I'll just watch it online if it aint as awesome as the trailers.
The namesake song still has some of the most relevant lyrics for this place...

"It's better to burn out, then fade away"

"Burn it up, let's go for broke, watch the night go up in smoke

"I'm burnin', burnin', got the fever"
  • S-Man
  • 06-22-2012, 03:56 PM
I rented Burlesque just to see Julianne Hough and Kristen Bell. I'll add Rock of Ages on my queue because of Hough, Malin Ackerman and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
Wife and I both loved ROCK of AGES........a good old folks flick from the 80s...Younger kids wont enjoy it