Globetrotters

Anyone go and see them last night it was still a funny show with all there tricks and audience participation but I remember when it was very popular with like medow lark lemon. Curl neal the guys change over the years but the act is still the same I was able to go through my job
  • Doove
  • 02-02-2013, 08:50 AM
I saw 'em once as a kid, and used to love watching them on Wide World Of Sports. It's unfortunate that they just don't seem to have the same appeal as they once did, in spite of the fact that i'm sure they still put on a pretty good show.
I saw 'em once as a kid, and used to love watching them on Wide World Of Sports. It's unfortunate that they just don't seem to have the same appeal as they once did, in spite of the fact that i'm sure they still put on a pretty good show. Originally Posted by Doove
Yeah, I loved them as a kid on WWS too. I think they were only on once a year. Meadow Lark Lemon was a great ambassador.
You have to be a very good player with great skills to make it to the Harlem Globetrotters. I wonder how they would fare playing a real game with an average NBA team.
The original Trotters used to fare very well on real teams. With the skills the Trotters are required to have ... they would probably do well.
  • GP
  • 02-02-2013, 07:24 PM
February 19, 1948
Chicago Stadium
Globetrotters 61, Lakers 59
February 28, 1949
Chicago Stadium
Globetrotters 49, Lakers 45
March 14, 1949
Chicago Stadium
Lakers 68, Globetrotters 53
February 21, 1950