Know Thy Enemies

This is not a post about gun control (I remain convinced that it is futile to try to change the gun fetish in America despite the recent tragedies), but just a sad commentary about the degree of polarization in this country.

The NRA probably does not know about the U2 lyric "Choose your enemies carefully, 'cause they will define you." Otherwise they might have thought twice before publishing this revealing Enemies List recently.
wow..who isnt on that list?? im sure my people will soon be there too..hehehehhe

serious note..im surprised this father isnt on the list yet....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=wAYLr6u2FyY
Even "Rambo" makes the list.
"Yes I know my enemies"

This is not a post about gun control (I remain convinced that it is futile to try to change the gun fetish in America despite the recent tragedies), but just a sad commentary about the degree of polarization in this country.

The NRA probably does not know about the U2 lyric "Choose your enemies carefully, 'cause they will define you." Otherwise they might have thought twice before publishing this revealing Enemies List recently. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
Jack,
As far as the NRA link, it does NOT list them as enemies.

Here is an article about this. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
THIS article (CNN) is who listed them as enemies.

I am quite shocked by your "gun fetish in America" comment.

I will also gladly proclaim that I am a believer of the second amendment.

A thought for you:
"Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Malcolm Forbes
Jack, As far as the NRA link, it does NOT list them as enemies. Originally Posted by SweetElizabeth
You are strictly correct that the NRA page never used the word "enemies", but the intent of publishing the list is obvious.

I am quite shocked by your "gun fetish in America" comment. Originally Posted by SweetElizabeth
I do not want to trigger another heated debate about guns with this thread, and I will be happy to replace "gun fetish" with "emotional attachment to guns" just for you.
awww jack..you are such a peace maker..

very honorable quality ...i like that in a man..ijs..
Jack is feeling inadequate with his pee shooter?
Jack is feeling inadequate with his pee shooter? Originally Posted by pyramider
Rodney Dangerfield was my hero.
  • Doove
  • 02-08-2013, 04:14 AM
Jack,
As far as the NRA link, it does NOT list them as enemies. Originally Posted by SweetElizabeth
Pretty much looks like an enemies list to me.

Rodney Dangerfield was my hero. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
Here's a brief history of the second amendment and the NRA:
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...The+New+Yorker
  • GP
  • 02-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Jack, why do you always insists on calling people who support the 2nd amendment as having a "gun fetish"?
The 2nd Amendment and our emotional obsession about guns are two different things.

See, for exsmple,

Here's a brief history of the second amendment and the NRA:
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...The+New+Yorker Originally Posted by mwebber