Congress should come back to fund storm response.

Biden: Congress should come back to fund storm response
President Joe Biden on Thursday suggested that Congress should return to Washington early to pass more disaster aid in the wake of two major hurricanes, warning that federal emergency funds for small businesses are nearly exhausted.
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/1...ponse-00183298

FEMA spent nearly half its disaster budget in just 8 days
Eight days into the fiscal year, the federal government has spent nearly half the disaster relief that Congress has allocated for the next 12 months.

The rapid spending — which is likely to accelerate as aid flows to states pulverized by Hurricanes Helene and Milton — soon will force the Federal Emergency Management Agency to restrict spending unless Congress approves additional funding.
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/1...elton-00183219

It appears that Democrats want to borrow more money to fund disaster relief and reconstruction. Should they?
Republicans are irresponsible. They can’t govern. They’ve failed to actually fund the govt through appropriations. Just raising the debt limit and short term CRs are damn near impossible with republicans. Dumbest folks on the planet.
Republicans are irresponsible. They can’t govern. They’ve failed to actually fund the govt through appropriations. Just raising the debt limit and short term CRs are damn near impossible with republicans. Dumbest folks on the planet. Originally Posted by 1blackman1

I always enjoy your posts, they make me laugh. Try as I might, I just can't take you seriously.

Yes, congress should come back. Maybe they can get a link to when FEMA money was given to illegal aliens so they can enjoy their 4 star hotels while American homeless live on the streets.
So.....
Another continuing resolution now??
Another at Thanksgiving?
Another at Christmas?
I just can't take you seriously.

. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
My exact opinion of your posts.
Biden: Congress should come back to fund storm response
President Joe Biden on Thursday suggested that Congress should return to Washington early to pass more disaster aid in the wake of two major hurricanes, warning that federal emergency funds for small businesses are nearly exhausted.
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/1...ponse-00183298

FEMA spent nearly half its disaster budget in just 8 days
Eight days into the fiscal year, the federal government has spent nearly half the disaster relief that Congress has allocated for the next 12 months.

The rapid spending — which is likely to accelerate as aid flows to states pulverized by Hurricanes Helene and Milton — soon will force the Federal Emergency Management Agency to restrict spending unless Congress approves additional funding.
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/1...elton-00183219

It appears that Democrats want to borrow more money to fund disaster relief and reconstruction. Should they? Originally Posted by txdot-guy
... Blimey! almost spilt-over me beer from Laughing!

When I claimed that FEMA was almost out of money,
you lads were on-to me like a Tassie Tiger!
Sayin' that I was doing lies and what-not!
Even when I pointed out that it was Mayorkas who said it.

... No, 'ave that shithouse rat Biden halt the money
going to Lebanon and to Ukraine and hand it to FEMA!

#### Salty

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Congress allocates funds not the President. It’s more than likely against the law to take funds from one account and then use it elsewhere.

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again

I don’t know if you read the stories, but you should.

FEMA is not out of money. The disaster relief fund is rapidly being depleted by back to back historical disasters.

Biden has been asking Congress for more SBA disaster relief funding for a year but those requests were ignored by the House.

It isn’t always all or nothing. Sometimes it’s both.
Those who were unfortunately affected will get the assistance they need. Hell, because of Trump's ridiculous FEMA lies and the disgust that many real republicans have expressed about them, I believe they will have the necessary funds in place even faster than expected... could be wrong, but we'll find out soon.

Congress allocates funds not the President. It’s more than likely against the law to take funds from one account and then use it elsewhere. Originally Posted by txdot-guy
It is illegal. I am no lawyer, but I certainly know the law regarding the allocation and reallocation of government funds and the process of doing so. It is virtually impossible to get away with the bullshit that Trump is claiming. To even try to do so means one must have some odd prison wish.
It is illegal. I am no lawyer, but I certainly know the law regarding the allocation and reallocation of government funds and the process of doing so. It is virtually impossible to get away with the bullshit that Trump is claiming. To even try to do so means one must have some odd prison wish. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
Or simply the delusion that the law doesn’t apply to you. Under the Supreme Court’s new interpretation of presidential immunity maybe he’s even right.