JV wants a shutdown

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...ver-rcna170865

Sure. I'm down if that means lawmakers don't get paid.

Snick
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...ding-shutdown/

It's like theh don't care about crafting real paths to victory. A complete lack of the House to effectively legislate.
Needs to be done, fed needs to be trimmed to perhaps 25% maybe 20% of what it is.
Do you feel that Congress should get paid while there's a shutdown?
I don’t think it should be their only job. Be like NFL referees. Have a real job first. They shouldn’t receive the best healthcare or a pension. Reduce the unelected bureaucracy by 75%. Have the Federal government address their duties under the original Constitution..let the states handle the rest.,We’re 35 trillion in debt. How could it get worse?
Do you feel that Congress should get paid while there's a shutdown? Originally Posted by HDGristle
I don’t think it should be their only job. Be like NFL referees. Have a real job first. They shouldn’t receive the best healthcare or a pension. Reduce the unelected bureaucracy by 75%. Have the Federal government address their duties under the original Constitution..let the states handle the rest.,We’re 35 trillion in debt. How could it get worse? Originally Posted by bambino

Here here. Something reasonable. Yeah, our elected officials should not be more or less American Nobility. They should have private healthcare like the rest of us. If they want to close up shop because they aren't getting their way, then yea... they shouldn't be receiving a paycheck for the place they are forcibly shutting down.

But yea. Crying and playing the shutdown card is the kind of thing you do when you're 8 years old and you are losing at nintendo. Pull the wires to knock the TV over so nobody can enjoy the nintendo
Do you feel that Congress should get paid while there's a shutdown? Originally Posted by HDGristle
Nope.

And btw, pay should be limited to 400% of the federal poverty income level for 2 people, or 99,999.99 whichever is less.