David Bowie R.I.P.

my favorite music artist ever.. I have more albums of his than any other artist by far.. saw his last area concert with Nine Inch Nails in 1995. Greatness.
Yes, he was quite unique. I liked his stardust era stuff. S. Ray Vaughn (dallas area guitar hero) played on a few of his songs, ei: China Girl, for one. That whole album I think. Bowie had some problems getting along with band members, which isn't uncommon, rumor has it.
  • 01-11-2016, 07:28 AM
Fantastic artist. He will be missed!
Saw him when he was touring Lets Dance, he really was awesome, the guy def had style, one of my favorites.
Ground Control to Major Tom.....you will be missed.
I'm sorry, Chung. I'm sure it's a sad day for you.

Anyone who knows anything about music knows the world lost a artistic pioneer today. I wasn't a huge fan but his influences are everywhere in the music industry. What a great artist.

To Bowie
rock n roll forever.....

And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're going through.
Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes....
Always loved that song.
One of David Bowie's biggest musical influences (proportedly). Here's a link to their first album for your listening enjoyment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bARrDYnNLKQ.
great guy...unique!
my favorite music artist ever.. I have more albums of his than any other artist by far.. saw his last area concert with Nine Inch Nails in 1995. Greatness. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
I discovered Bowie in college. Became obsessed with his work through the Let's Dance period, and was fortunate to see him in concert at that time. Truly a giant, and I challenge anyone to identify a more diverse musician during the rock era.

Ziggy Stardust is among the 5 best rock albums of all time, imho.
(Im Sad) .... part of my youth is now just gone. Nothing is forever. Sad day.
Met him in New Mexico during the production of "The Man Who Fell from the Sky" . . . impressed with his attitude and interest in other people.
Find the "Dancing in the Street" video . . . and enjoy!
Lazurus video..."a parting gift to how he approached death".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-JqH1M4Ya8

One of Bowie's quotes that I hope is true.
"I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring."