Where to stay in Detroit

Happy Holidays all, I will be traveling to Detroit next month. It will be my first trip there so I hope you will welcome me with open arms. I am not sure what area I should stay in. I would appreciate some advice.

Hugs,
Juliette
One vote for Grand Rapids
I would recommend either the Troy area (I75 north of Detroit) or the Novi area (275 and I96/696 west of Detroit). Either of these are areas with large population bases, plenty of food and shopping, and convenient for many people assuming you are coming in for business
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to Grand rapids this trip. Should I decide to, I will be sure to post it.

Hugs,
Juliette
I would recommend either the Troy area (I75 north of Detroit) or the Novi area (275 and I96/696 west of Detroit). Either of these are areas with large population bases, plenty of food and shopping, and convenient for many people assuming you are coming in for business Originally Posted by John3030
+1
Thanks for helping everyone. I have made my reservation and I am excited about my trip. Also, after many requests, I will be visiting the Grand Rapids area after all. Thankfully, my friend Nadia will be there to show me around. Please check my schedule for the dates.

Hugs,
Juliette