What is reasonable?

Gentleman made appointment for 3:30 PM. we were ready for him at 3. At appointed time called said he was running late because of traffic. One hour later still not there.

We gave gentleman street address, he wanted more details, cross street that is close, we never been asked for that, and we do not name of the cross street, gentleman gets mad.

We waited more than one hour and we decided to leave as he is not there, he gets mad at us for not waiting.

How long is it reasonable to wait before cancelling?

If street address is provided, is that not sufficient?
I'll wait a half hour at most with no contact.
If you waited an hour or more, that's way more than I would.
Sounds like you did all you could.
  • bbkid
  • 12-09-2011, 06:58 AM
I think you waited FAR more than you should have. imo, about 15 minutes is enough unless there is constant phone contact while he/she is traveling toward the meeting place.
I agree. He should have canceled or rescheduled.
You went way above and beyond with the time you waited. Noone should be that late to get laid
Might have been a case of distracted driving...ijs.

You were more than accommodating. He needs to get a freaking GPS or a damn map...it's almost 2012 for Pete's sake!
You were more than accommodating. He needs to get a freaking GPS or a damn map...it's almost 2012 for Pete's sake! Originally Posted by London Rayne
+1

What the hell, does the guy not own a computer? You can easily look for directions / map online with a street address. That should be done well in advance of an appointment in my opinion, not while your in route. Now a days most people have smart phones with a built in GPS.

You went well above and beyond so don't sweat it.
1. I agree that you shouldn't have to wait that long.

2. I disagree about the cross street. If you tell me, for example, that you are at 8625 Westheimer, I may not know exactly where that is on Westheimer. But if you say that the nearest major cross street is Fondren, that immediately gives me a better fix on your location and I can judge my travel time better. I'm not always close to my computer.
And if you're worried about security, giving a cross street isn't nearly as bad as giving the actual address.
An hour at most is fine. Plenty of time. Your reputation is outstanding on here from what I gather. Not a big deal.
Thanks everyone for your comments, we did not think we did wrong, but wanted opinions.

Tikkler the gentleman not asked for a major cross street he asked for the closest cross street. He has visited with us before but at our old location not very far from our new place.
If he is getting pissed off with you after you have been generous to wait over an hour then imagine how we will treat the ladies.

Most people have access to mapquest or have a gps in their car. Hell you gave him the address.

Gentleman made appointment for 3:30 PM. we were ready for him at 3. At appointed time called said he was running late because of traffic. One hour later still not there.

We gave gentleman street address, he wanted more details, cross street that is close, we never been asked for that, and we do not name of the cross street, gentleman gets mad.

We waited more than one hour and we decided to leave as he is not there, he gets mad at us for not waiting.

If street address is provided, is that not sufficient? Originally Posted by LatinasElite
I'm a little confused how you give him the full address but giving him the closest cross street is somehow suspicious? Perhaps you just don't know the closest cross street?

We gave gentleman street address, he wanted more details, cross street that is close, we never been asked for that, and we do not know the name of the cross street, gentleman gets mad.

If street address is provided, is that not sufficient? Originally Posted by LatinasElite
that may have been a typo. a street address is more than sufficient, and you waited more than enough time for him to get there. Perhaps he was just having a bad day.
Yes, sorry we do not know the name of the street, thank you Daphne