Show the hell up?

For $$$, is it that hard?

Really?
Emergencies or other things come up sometimes
Emergencies or other things come up sometimes Originally Posted by geniusman
My hourly billing rate in my profession is lower and my clients are a lot less understanding....just saying....
This is something I just dont understand...I DO understand that emergencies come up...but over and over I hear guys talk about how so and so stood them up, more than once. I hear how some girls have a reputation for canceling or being late or just not showing up and then having an excuse later. I just dont understand why girls are like that and I REALLY dont understand why guys give some of them so many chances.
This is something I just dont understand...I DO understand that emergencies come up...but over and over I hear guys talk about how so and so stood them up, more than once. I hear how some girls have a reputation for canceling or being late or just not showing up and then having an excuse later. I just dont understand why girls are like that and I REALLY dont understand why guys give some of them so many chances. Originally Posted by Ivy Chick
ivy,

i can think of many reasons why some of the women are like that. lazy, complacent, pissed off, double crossed, got a better offer, got a deal of the day, got invited to a party, etc.

and i can think of many reasons why some of the men put up with it. the little head is doing all the thinking, ... uh, ... hmmm, ... err, ... ok, only one.

what was it that einstein said [or someone in the past] - insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
I'm fast becoming a "one strike and you're out" kind of guy.

Standing someone up is just plain rude. Yes, emergencies do occur. But as I once heard it put, "A failure to plan you your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part."

And for when those emergencies do occur, there's this little device called the telephone. Funny how some providers can literally blow YOUR phone up with texts and calls when they need some cash, but somehow, they just totally seem to forget how to use it when it comes to letting you know in advance that something has come up.

And of course, things don't come up 3 hours before your appointment. No. When you do get the call, it's 5 minutes AFTER your scheduled time. After you have made repeated unanswered calls and texts trying to find out what the heck is going on. And of course, you've driven an hour across town, fought three traffic jams and turned down business so YOU wouldn't be the one to cancel out.

Of course, that's IF you get a call at all. Most of the time, you hear nothing and then when YOU finally do get ahold of the provider, you get some kind of lame excuse as to why it just wasn't possible to call.

But what's really fun is when the provider just can't be on time. And you end up waiting around for an hour or so for them to get ready. And then when you finally get together, she tells you that you have to hurry because she has another appointment coming up.

And then to top it all off, the provider gets bent out of shape if you give a bad review and they wonder why they are having problems making ends meet.
For $$$, is it that hard?

Really? Originally Posted by outbound
...or answer the door
...or answer the phone
...or answer a text
...or answer a PM
...or answer an email.

It's the hobby...sometimes common sense and common courtesy simply don't apply here.
How about a name?

A no-show can be a review (maybe not for credit, but helpful nevertheless).
...or answer the door
...or answer the phone
...or answer a text
...or answer a PM
...or answer an email.

It's the hobby...sometimes common sense and common courtesy simply don't apply here. Originally Posted by Tony Patella

Well, it should!
Well, it should! Originally Posted by Lana Warren
Amen Lana...but some things will never change. And, just for the record, it happens on both sides...guys and girls.

...thinking further about it, courtesy and common sense have taken a back seat to "it's all about me" in general life as well. Sad state of affairs...
I think naming the offender is the only way to stop it from happening again. It also leaves little room for speculating. I would hate for someone think that I would EVER stand someone up without explanation due to another just assuming it was me. Ever heard that one bad apple ruins the entire bunch...it happens in the hobby as well. The MAJORITY of message board guys WILL show up~they will be clean~they will be considerate~they will leave their donation without a hassle~everyone has a good time...but we always hear about those minority guys. I want to think that the MAJORITY of providers are considerate of their clients time and would take the time to cancel properly if necessary
Amen Lana...but some things will never change. And, just for the record, it happens on both sides...guys and girls.

And thinking further about it, courtesy and common sense have taken a back seat to "it's all about me" in general life as well. Sad state of affairs... Originally Posted by Tony Patella

You damn right it's all about me! LOL! Just teasing!
Name her.....period

If not, it will keep happening.
Emergencies or other things come up sometimes Originally Posted by geniusman
They sure do seem to happen to certain providers a hell of a lot more than to the rest of society though.
Just a note; but although it is very irritating to cancel without notice or be an hour or more late without updating, there is that occasional gem of when the provider that has cancelled on you a few times comes through and is fantastic.
Can you say Hot Megan or Laney Von!