Sushi help...Addison, Galleria area

Just wanted to ask the crowd for their thoughts on good Sushi spots in the Addison & Galleria area...

Trendy with good music would be great...but only if the sushi is really good. Even a hole in the wall as long as it's good...

Thanks
  • MojoR
  • 08-14-2014, 06:05 PM
Not a lot of trendy sushi places in Addison. Its basically Mr Sushi. Good food, but not what I'd call trendy. Think you will need to get into Dallas for something better. Check out Best of Big D for some good recommendations. http://www.dmagazine.com/best-of-big-d
There is a new place at Montfort and Beltline, so still barely Addison, called Sushi Axiom. A bit more trendy than Mr. Sushi. The sushi is fresh and good and the decor is lovely.
I wouldn't call anything in that area "good", you really have to go north or south of that area for good sushi...and if you want trendy as well, then you have no choice but to go south. Teppo, Tei An, Nobu, Kenichi, Steel, Tei Tei...that's the down and dirty list if you want good and trendy.
I love edo japan. So gooood
There is a new place at Montfort and Beltline, so still barely Addison, called Sushi Axiom. A bit more trendy than Mr. Sushi. The sushi is fresh and good and the decor is lovely. Originally Posted by GracePreston
I have been here a few times!!
Thank you everyone...yeah I typically go out Steel...or a place in Highland Park (forget the name)...but thanks for the recommendations...
Tei-An, Tei Tei Robata Bar or Teppo Yakitori & Sushi. Not in the Galleria/Addison area, but the best dallas has to offer. Teppo is on lower greenville and the best of the bunch IMO. And if you care you can hang out at any one of the neighborhood bars nearby. After dinner, walk next door and grab a fantastic popsicle at Steel City Pops. Head over to the Balcony Club (Lakewood) and catch some jazz at this out of the way small club, or go a little north and stop in at Terrelli's for great bar scene with live jazz quartet.

The Balcony Club was picked as one of the top 100 bars in America by Esquire Magazine.

http://www.balconyclub.com/home.html
I have been here a few times!! Originally Posted by Alyssa Marie
For Addison, which is certainly NOT the center of the Asian Cuisine Universe in Dallas... it is pretty damn good.
I like sushi axiom. Nice patio. Great selection of eclectic rolls. That and hibachi. They have a some kind of veggie roll there that is rolled in thin layers of cucumber instead of rice. YUMMY!!!!
Wabashi sushi on Preston and belt line village
Blue Fish
I'm so going to have sushi tonight after all of this!!