Fireworks Question - (Just a little late)

OK, so I know that I'm a little late and it's now after the 4th of July. I don't usually shoot off fireworks, but my neighbors usually do. This year they didn't and I inquired why...

Here is a cut and paste from the local town website. FWIW, I live OUTSIDE the town limits by about 1500 feet. As you can read below the town has outlawed fireworks both in town, AND including a 5000 feet buffer zone OUTSIDE the city limits...

HOW is this possible and enforceable? How can a town create a law to include area OUTSIDE their limits?

I really wish I had know this before hand, I would have been tempted to get caught, and fight this in court just to try and prove the law is not enforceable... Is it?

Fireworks Prohibited
The shaded areas on the map are those areas in which the Town of Little Elm’s firework ordinance is enforceable. Violators are subject to a fine of up to $2000.00 per offense and possible confiscation of all fireworks in possession

Fireworks are a popular pass time for bringing in the New Year in addition to celebrating the 4th of July. The Town of Little Elm has a city ordinance in place that bans the possession, use and sales of fireworks within the town, including an additional 5,000 feet buffer exceeding the town limits.

The ordinance is in place for safety and health of the citizens
All fireworks including sparklers are included in this ban
Violations may include a fine upto $2,000 and all fireworks will be confiscated.

Residents with questions regarding the policy may contact Division Chief of Fire Prevention, Brian Roach at 214-975-0424 or via email.

http://littleelmtx.us/index.aspx?NID=865
good question.. maybe they had an agreement in place with the neighboring town, for that additional 5,000 feet?

call that number, or email, and ask.. then report back.
good question.. maybe they had an agreement in place with the neighboring town, for that additional 5,000 feet?

call that number, or email, and ask.. then report back. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
I fired off an email. Don't really want anyone from the city looking into my name or the history of issues I have with the city ordinances or town hall. LOL
Probably enforceable. even though you live outside the city limits you still live in their jurisdiction.
Pyramider hit the nail on the head - you can be outside city limits but still be within that city's jurisdiction. Depends on where that jurisdiction ends and the next one begins; that's what *really* counts.