Buying 2nd House (Tiki-Island)

Thinking of buying a second house on Tiki-Island. My travels from Australia to the states are becoming more frequent. Besides, I love to fish.

I looked at Kemah, Texas City and Clear Lake but it doesn't meet what I'm looking for.

Any other places on the water, that anyone knows about.
Thinking of buying a second house on Tiki-Island. Originally Posted by australian_hell_yun
Is the house you are looking at original construction on Tiki Island...or did it float over from Galveston Island and settle down on the lot vacated by the one there before that ended up in Bayou Vista?
Original Tiki.
Why do I think you might not have enjoyed a Gulf Coast hurricane yet. Those things are almost fun....until you own property in a dadgum hurricane's path.

You know the deal, I'm sure...if it flies, floats, fucks, or sits in a hurricane path...rent it.
Insurance. I can always rebuild.
Insurance. I can always rebuild. Originally Posted by australian_hell_yun
Your premium will be as high as your mortgage payment.
Look at Lake Conroe.

Safer and cleaner.
Your premium will be as high as your mortgage payment. Originally Posted by Slitlikr
yup
Looking to be close to the gulf. Tiki offers everything I need. Bonus, the house has a new boat lift and pool.

Not worried about the payments.
Then if your mind is made up, why the hell are you asking lad?!
Any other places on the water, that anyone knows about. Originally Posted by australian_hell_yun
If you're more interested in the fishing than in inviting strippers over, then Sargent would be a heap sight better than Tiki Island. The fishing in West Matagorda Bay is a whole lot better than in Galveston Bay, and nowhere near as many yahoos on the water....or at least it was before I got boatless a few years ago. I admit an aversion to the Galveston cluster-fuck.

http://www.sargenttexas.org/fish.html

If you don't mind driving a little farther, then look at Rockport:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g...Vacations.html

And if you don't even give a shit how far the drive, go to Port Mansfield:

http://www.stxmaps.com/go/port-mansfield-fishing.html

Galveston's closer, of course, but that's the only advantage, fishing-wise, over those other places. And, truly, if you haven't lived near the Texas Gulf Coast, and if you buy...there's a good probability the day will come when you wish you had rented. Insurance be damned, it's still a massive ass pain to recover your property after a good honking hurricane.

Hope this helps you find what you're hunting.
As far as having the best fishing on the coast, check out Port O'Connor. It has it all. Beautiful clear water, a deep bay (Matagorda Bay), shallow bays, jetty's, Pass Cavallo, oyster reefs and grass beds. If you like fishing offshore, it is the closest port to the East Breaks and hosts the Poco Bueno Marlin tournament. If you like beach combing, Matagorda Island can only be reached by boat.

There are several new upscale developments on the Intracoastal Canal.
I have a house on Tiki.

Tiki offers a lot that no other community does.

Super close proximity to Houston and Galveston and all its restaurants(good luck finding decent food in Seargent or Port O'Conner)

The neighborhood ambiance and feel. Every night, all the neighbors just drive golf carts around and go drinking from house to house(dont even think about living there without a golf cart!)

Lots of hotties and swingers!

Poeple that live out there are either old money or succesful entrepenuers and businessmen(lots of great networking and contacts). Better than some redneck, anti social fuck in a john boat in Seargent, TX.

Lots of fun activities nearby, (we watched powerboat races off my dock last weekend!)

PM me and I can tell you more!
I have a house on Tiki.

Tiki offers a lot that no other community does.

Super close proximity to Houston and Galveston and all its restaurants(good luck finding decent food in Seargent or Port O'Conner)

The neighborhood ambiance and feel. Every night, all the neighbors just drive golf carts around and go drinking from house to house(dont even think about living there without a golf cart!)

Lots of hotties and swingers!

Poeple that live out there are either old money or succesful entrepenuers and businessmen(lots of great networking and contacts). Better than some redneck, anti social fuck in a john boat in Seargent, TX.

Lots of fun activities nearby, (we watched powerboat races off my dock last weekend!)

PM me and I can tell you more! Originally Posted by Houstons

You read my mind, see you at Saturday's parade there!
My mind is set on Tiki. I've looked at seven houses on Trulia. I'm setting something up with a realtor next week. I won't be living on the island. It's a place to rest my head when I travel back.