Struggling White Voters Who Helped Elect Trump Are Headed for Some Serious Pain

A lot of low-income voters believed Trump when he promised to make America great.  His supporters are in for what might be the rudest awakening in recent political history.

He's already backed out of going after Hillary. Next there will be no wall. It's just getting started.

In a sense, Trump’s supporters are going to face the same realization that many progressives did when Obama didn’t end racism or bring comity to Congress or usher in a new liberal golden age. Americans elect not only a president, but also over 2,000 members of a political coalition to policy-making positions across a sprawling government. Anyone who pins their hopes on an individual savior—like the people of Clay County, Kentucky—is guaranteed to be sorely disappointed. But in Trump’s case, the disappointment will be more profound, both because he promised more and because his party will likely have unified control of government for his entire first term and will own all of the pain he causes.

As Politico’s Ben White put it, “a populist candidate who railed against shady financial interests on the campaign trail is now putting together an administration that looks like an investment banker’s dream.” Trump’s not going to make coal cheaper than natural gas and bring back a bunch of mining jobs. He might be able to negotiate some new riders for NAFTA, but they’ll be guided by the same corporate lobbyists who effectively wrote it in the first place, and won’t do anything to bring back jobs that have been sent overseas. There will be no 35 percent tariff on imports from Mexico or China.
It is these very voters—less educated, struggling to get by on low incomes—who will bear the brunt of unified Republican government under Trump. The GOP Congress may give Trump his “infrastructure plan,” but that looks like it will consist of a bunch of tax cuts for investors to sink into toll bridges and toll roads. It will definitely give him the rest of his huge tax cuts, but those are skewed toward those at the top and won’t bring much relief to the “forgotten men and women of this country,” as he promised when campaigning.
If the GOP repeals the Affordable Care Act, as it’s vowed to do since it was enacted, many of these voters will lose their subsidized health insurance. Block-granting Medicaid and privatizing Medicare will dramatically increase these their economic insecurity. They’ll lose food stamps and Head Start slots. They’ll lose access to reproductive health care. They can forget about a hike in the federal minimum wage. According to one estimate, 20 million Trump voters will lose out on a big raise when Republicans kill Obama’s overtime rule. And if the GOP doesn’t get rid of it entirely, they’ll at least hobble the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, which reined in the kind of predatory lending schemes that often indenture the working poor. It’ll be death by a thousand cuts.
https://www.thenation.com/article/st...uyers-remorse/

Clay County, Kentucky, is a profoundly depressed area in the heart of coal country. Whether its residents responded to Trump’s dog whistles or rolled the dice on a successful businessman to shake up a status quo that had failed them, the results suggest that they saw real hope in his election: Trump won the county 79-21. But according to NPR, a lot of folks in Clay County are now starting to worry about their health care, and with good reason. Kentucky set up an Obamacare exchange and expanded Medicaid under then-governor Steve Beshear, a Democrat, and today around one in three of the state’s residents are covered under the program. Kentucky’s uninsured rate dropped from 20 percent to just 7.5 percent over the course of two short years. In Clay County, where almost four in 10 live in poverty, 60 percent of the population relies on Medicaid.
let the shit storm of America's collapse begin.
Only white people voted for Trump?

She has a good reason to vote Trump

SissyChappedLips repeatedly reveals her deeply ingrained ignorance.

Apparently there is some Liberal/Anti-Trump blog from which these despicables, aka Sissy and her ilk, get their "posting points"!

They seem to "assume" what they post has some factual validity.

Which further explains the HillaryNoMore humiliation.
Hillary wasn't my choice. ok Corolla guy. Man I'm still tripping that I'm even conversing with such a low life as yourself. I need to be committed for this shit.
I need to be committed for this shit. Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
Amen!
Sissy boy you are to ignorant to realize Prosecuting Hillary will divide our Country even more. Trump is brilliant for not doing this!!! Why piss off 62mil voters who you want on your side?
Sissy boy you are to ignorant to realize Prosecuting Hillary will divide our Country even more. Trump is brilliant for not doing this!!! Why piss off 62mil voters who you want on your side? Originally Posted by RALPHEY BOY
that doesn't compute for the Yugo driver Sissy Chump
Prissy Chump is SUCKING AIR...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoYxn9ut8sE
That's pathetically hilarious. Ovarian Sistine wasn't getting any traction on his troll thread so he had to bump it twice.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL!
That's pathetically hilarious. Ovarian Sistine wasn't getting any traction on HER troll thread so he had to bump it twice.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL! Originally Posted by gnadfly
FIFY
Hillary wasn't my choice. ok Corolla guy. Man I'm still tripping that I'm even conversing with such a low life as yourself. I need to be committed for this shit. Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
Great! Go back to sucking cock full time.